Secondment via YER
Engineering, High Tech
About this vacancy
Excellent designs are characterized by the right choice of components. The optimized choice of components is a balance between Quality, Logistics, Technology and Cost. As component engineer you participate in several projects, and you are responsible for the design choices based upon the quality and technology aspects of the selected components. As application component engineer you will be part of several project teams and with your application and component knowledge you contribute to realize excellent design. You will be responsible for the technology and are the owner of the component roadmap within ASML. Do you want to set the standard for design solutions in the next generation of ASML machines? Can you push tomorrow’s boundaries?
As application component engineer you participate in several design teams and with your knowledge and experience you contribute to come to the most optimized design choices. The application component engineer enables ASML to reach the goal to ‘change the world, one nanometre at the time’. As application component engineer you set the roadmap for Board (PCBA) design in ASML based on market trends, manufacturers roadmaps and ASML needs. The application component engineer is the linking pin between the ASML development teams and the manufacturers qualified by ASML. The application component engineer is responsible to keep the Life Cycle Management data up to date.
You actively participate in project teams and based upon your input the project is able to make the best choice for Board design related items. You own the roadmap for the Board items you are responsible for and align the roadmap with the needs of ASML and market trends. In projects you are early involved guiding the designers to the best solution, considering the QLTC parameters and ensures that design choices are aligned with the roadmap strategy. As a component engineer you focus on the selection, qualification and accurate registration of the Board related items in the database. You will also be responsible to maintain the LCM data of the Board components in the ASML database. In your job you will be the linking pin between designers, manufacturers, supply chain engineers and procurement. You are in control of balancing the QLTC parameters for each new design. The application component engineer has a clear vision on the strategy and roadmap and has excellent communication skills. For your role it’s key to have or build a strong network in the world of analog design.
- Build and maintain expertise on Board related components.
- Follow market trends and align the roadmap with these trends
- Participate / early involvement in project teams
- Support designers in making the best component selections for ASML
- Drive interaction between design projects and component engineering team
- Selection, qualification and introduction of new components in the ASML database
- Guard the quality of the component information in the database
- Lead root cause analysis and improvement actions for component failure issues
- Keep LCM data up to date of components in the database
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor degree in electronic engineering
- More than 8 years in analog electronic design
- Knowledge on analog based design topology
- Affinity with production equipment and (cleanroom) tooling
- Knowledge of industry regulations (CE, UL, IEC)
- Team player with strong social- and communication skills
- Influencing without authority
- English in word and in writing