Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
In this role, you have the opportunity to enable your DevOps approach and the technical skills to provide communication, integration, automation, and close partnership among all the people needed to plan, develop, test, deploy, release, and maintain software for our IGT systems.
Are you able to manage the system software configuration throughout the whole lifecycle? Are you pro-active and someone who can motivate change? Then we are looking for you!
You are responsible for
- Participate as the DevOps specialist in the development projects and maintenance activities to deliver the best infrastructure and automation for continuous integration, continuous (unit) testing and releasing.
- Take ownership for activities such as setting up build and test management frameworks, managing archives in a version control system and look after software releasing.
- Capture requirements, build a design and align with the partners during the implementation of the solution.
- Investigate existing solutions and provide insights on possible improvements.
- Translate the software architecture concepts into a configuration management implementation in partnership with project architects, test- and integration managers.
- Define and implement build and test improvements that enables the effective software development processes and high quality of software deliverables taking into account maintenance responsibility for released products over range of 10+ years.
You are a part of
The Image Guided Therapy Systems (IGT-S) development organization consists of 450 people, from which 110 people work in software development. Software is developed by teams, each focusing on a specific part of the system. The global DevOps team is responsible for the Software Development Infrastructure that includes Software Sets, Version Control, Tool validation, IT Security and frameworks for continuous integration, continuous (unit) testing and releasing. By ways of automation, the relatively small team is able to support all IGT system projects including the entire software development community.
We offer the opportunity to play a role in the development of IGT Systems from Concept Start until End of Life and to contribute to the way our innovations improve the health of billions of people across the globe.
You will work in close cooperation with various teams across Philips IGT, playing a vital role in creating and maintaining a state-of-the-art software stack. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video. To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision-making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least a Bachelor degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science.
- Experience in configuration management (configuration items identification, version control, build management, release management, change management)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in either DevOps engineering or Configuration Management.
- Experience in software development methodologies and frameworks such as Agile, Scrum and V-model.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl and PowerShell.
- Experience with common Continuous Integration technologies. (Jenkins, TFS build, ADS)
- Experience with TDD is a plus.
- Eager to learn and work with the latest (and legacy) technologies and tools.
- Great teammate with demonstrated ability to collaborate with developers and other partners.
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Experience with systems and IT operations.
- A solid focus on business outcomes.
- A ‘lean” person who can motivate change and continuously seeks improvements and ways to reduce ‘waste’.
- Experience in working in a Healthcare Product development environment is an advantage.
A multidisciplinary environment where you get to work on a solution that makes the difference in the operating room, where you will not only improve your software development skills but also your knowledge within the medical domain of X-ray for cardiovascular. Most importantly of course satisfaction, your work will serve in the ER’s for a long time (at least 20 years).