Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
You will work within the Connected Care - Patient Engagement R&D department at Philips in Ede.
Your team is in the forming phase (starts in April), with around ten knowledgeable engineers from different teams within our department. The engineers have various expertise and different levels of seniority. It has a dedicated (technical) product owner and dedicated ScrumMaster.
Because of some non-Dutch members, all the formal sessions, documentation and communications are in English. The team is using Agile/Scrum to deliver software and align with other teams using SAFe.
We work in an open culture where everyone’s opinion counts and try to share knowledge and ownership.
Although we have a beautiful newly built office in the forest near Ede, where you are welcome, this position allows working from home. We do expect you to go to the office for creative team sessions, a small number of times a month.
Will you be strengthening our team with software engineering skills and your can-do attitude? We are looking for somebody who will help us improving, extending, and maintaining a proprietary web application framework, written in the Microsoft technology stack (C#). The software is in a mature state and various internal teams use it for their products. The consuming teams are in the same department and therefore in close contact with the framework team.
We are looking for somebody who has experience in quickly understanding a complex codebase, be able to do analysis and is not afraid to dive into the details. The work is around various scalability and stability topics, (small) functional improvements and some support work (helping other teams).
- You will be responsible for the design, creation, testing and maintenance of parts of the software for the framework in accordance with the requirement and design specifications, together with the team.
- You will be an active team member of the team, contributing to the refinement, estimation, and planning processes according to the Scrum/SAFe process used within the team.
- You will understand and communicate the consequences of your software implementation on the software architecture.
- You take initiatives to further improve our product quality and process efficiency.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision-making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- An experienced technical software developer (circa 8 years).
- Proficient in working on the Microsoft technology stack (C#, IIS, SQL Server)
- Experience with working with complex (legacy) codebases.
- Team player with good communication skills (English).
- Pre: deep knowledge on Database optimization and performance
- Pre: experience with medical Software, and relevant standards like FHIR.
- Pre: experience in CI/CD using AzureDevOps (TFS)