Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
As Mechanical Development Engineer Clutch with our client you have the challenge to work on design of the mechanical parts in the clutch system of a new generation of DCT. You will be part of the mechanical R&D department and have multidisciplinary interaction with R&D Engineers on functionality and design of the system. You will work in close collaboration with the members in the power shift team.
- You will be working as a member of the development team for automatic transmissions, hybrid and full electric powertrains.
- You take part in the design, verification and validation of mechanical transmission components.
- You are responsible for validation through the development and supervision of testing methods, monitoring and the use of FMEA.
- You create 3D designs and 2D drawings within Creo of mechanical transmission components
- You provide technical support to the assembly department.
- You work in close collaboration with internal departments such as production, quality, purchasing and with external partners for development and production.
Our client is a large first tier automotive supplier and has several R&D locations in Europe and production facilities in Europe and Asia. The company offers a complete portfolio of powertrain solutions for the most popular passenger car segments (conventional, hybrid and full electric). These innovative products provide excellent driving dynamics, enhanced comfort, fun of driving and an ever improving fuel economy.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- You have a mechanical engineering degree or equivalent by experience.
- You have thorough knowledge and experience in the field of mechanics, dynamics and production (preferably in an automotive environment).
- Proven knowledge and experience in the development of transmission components such as clutches, shafts, gears and bearings is a plus.
- You have solid experience in Creo Parametric;
- You have experience in using a PLM system, preferably Windchill
- Thanks to your strong communication skills and good knowledge of English, you excel at teamwork and are strong in reporting knowledge and results.
- You are an independent, perseverant and systematic worker with a goal-oriented and analytical mindset.