Secondment via YER
High Tech, IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Do you like to customize and configure a Red Hat Linux distribution to bring our application to maximum performance? Are you passionate about operating systems and able to bring our Linux operating system to a higher level of quality? Then this is the job for you.
To create and improve the Linux operating system controlling the scanner control host PC. Including tools, Python scripts and Ansible for software installation, software upgrades, backup / restore and performance measures.
Context of the position
We configure and integrate Linux on servers in the TWINSCAN product. This includes tools for installing and configuring Linux, time synchronization, hard disk storage, backup, restore and cloning of disks. Main languages used are Ansible, Python and Linux shell scripts. As OS is the basis on which TWINSCAN application is built, It is also important to gain TWINSCAN application specific knowledge and use cases.
Since ASML has a diverse and international population, the English language is used in all formal documentation and communications.
The Sr. Linux OS Engineer participates in a scrum team that is taking care of Linux operating system. The day-to-day activities include:
- Create, customize, configure and test Linux Red Hat and WindRiver distributions.
- Create, improve and test upgrade and installation scripts.
- RedHat Virtualization, Ansible and kickstart, spec files, makefiles, bitbake files
- Create custom RPM packages for automatic installations on our TWINSCAN systems.
- Help create high level work packages including estimates.
- Analyse and solve defects.
- Support application troubleshooting on OS domain level.
- Thinking with MVP mindset.
- Test the automatic test scripts on target hardware, representing parts of the TWINSCAN product.
- Participate in root cause analyses of issues found in the field or at integration test systems
- Work in a scrum team as part of an Agile environment.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return
- and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients;
- ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development
- Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
You have finished at least a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electronics or other related fields.
We have a preference for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Extended knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Redhat certification is a plus.
- Nice to have is WindRiver Linux experience
- Experience in configuring, using and debugging network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN, NTP and NFS.
- Experience with automated testing tools and techniques (Robot Framework)
- Experience with OS hardening
- Experience with HW architectures like x86, PPC, GPU
- Knowledge of continuous delivery process and technologies (GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Jira)
- Experience in working with configuration management systems (e.g. GIT, artifactory).
- 3+ years of experience with build, deployment and test tools such as Jenkins & Artifactory
- 7+ years software development experience.
- 2+ years Computer Systems Architecture or similar experience
- Experience in creating high level designs and writing documentation.