Quality & Safety
Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water, Engineering
About this vacancy
Howden Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for an Operations Quality Engineer in Rheden.
So if you are looking for a central role as the customer representative in executing quality-plans, this is a chance to develop yourself with a key player in hydrogen compression, with a rich heritage in oil, gas, petrochemical and a future in renewable energy applications.
What needs to be done?
- Ensure that contractual Quality requirements are translated to the Operation organization for execution in Quality Plans, Control Plans and Work Instructions.
- Guide Operation teams in execution of Quality requirements.
- Analyse deviations and the first time right yield in Operations in order to provide guidance to improve the Organization performance on Cost of Poor Quality and achievement of milestones on time.
- Contributes to the improvement of the company’s QA/QC processes by analysis of the NCR and contribution to establishing DFMEA, PFMEA and Control Plans.
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
Howden Thomassen Compressors received the 2021 certification as a ‘Top Employer’ in The Netherlands! This recognition subscribes Howden’s dedication to putting its people first!
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer 2021 by the Top Employer Institute. We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization in which you play a key role in the quality of our projects. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position combined with an extensive package of fringe benefits
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor degree with in addition 5 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer or Quality Inspector in an industrial environment (fabrication, production, assembly);
- Experience in Problem identification and solution methods: RCA, 8D, FMEA, Pareto analyses;
- Experience in Control Plan generation;
- Knowledge of QA and QC processes and tools;
- Knowledge of QA/QC related to: assembly of rotating equipment, materials, non-destructive testing of metallic parts and welded parts, welding, European Directive (Machinery, Pressure Equipment, Hazardous Areas);
- Risk Management and Statistical Process Control knowledge;
- knowledge of software to carry out analyses on small and high volumes (Excel, Minitab);
- Good communication skills, experience in communicating directly with customers;
- Ability to advise and implement improvement initiatives;
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and in writing;
- A practical and pro-active personality with a team player mentality;
- A personality that shows a strong sense of ownership and a customer focus;
- Willingness to learn and develop with a continuous improvement mindset;
- Strong commitment to the QHSE aspects of our projects, someone who is constructive critical, assertive, well organized, questions the status quo but also provides alternatives.