Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
We are looking for an engineer high voltage systems at DAF Trucks NV.
As engineer high voltage systems you are primarily responsible for the realisation of the correct functioning of the high voltage vehicle system during the development and test phase, at production run and in series production.
You will be involved in the specification and development of new and modified electrical systems and components, which are part of the total electrical system of the BEV and you take care of the documentation, which is required for developing diagnostics applications for production and dealer testing.
You cooperate closely with your engineering colleagues from different departments, both at DAF and at Kenworth, Peterbilt and Leyland. You are the integrator between supplier and other internal departments, such as Marketing, After Sales, production, purchasing and testing, with focus on correctly specifying system requirements (hardware and software), monitoring supplier progress, initiating and following system testing, and management reporting on development status.
The Product Development department Vehicle Electrics/Electronics is responsible for the application and development of electrical and electronic vehicle systems. Within this department, the group Vehicle Electrification focuses on high voltage systems (i.e. eMotor, convertors, e-auxiliaries, batteries, etc) for Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV).
These high voltage systems are developed in close cooperation with system suppliers, and together with DAF’s sister companies Kenworth, Peterbilt and Leyland.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- HTS Electrical Engineering/Automotive Engineering/Computer Science.
Knowledge and experience with
- (high voltage) electrical/electronic systems of the vehicle.
- CAN network applications on vehicles.
- Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow is preferred.
- Team player
- Independent, pro-active and focus on results.
- Knowledge and experience in the area of coordination and planning is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with PC and Windows platform.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English, and preferably also German.