Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
With DAF Trucks NV we are looking for a vehicle Control Engineer with a focus on Cyber Security!
As Vehicle Control Engineer you define and design a wide range of improved or new mechatronic product features to be introduced on new XF and CF models. The focus of this function will be on developing controls for powertrain related features (e.g. engine stop/start, mild hybrid) including Cybersecurity measures.
Your job consists of two main tasks. The first task is to define with a small team how to design vehicle controls which comply to the upcoming Cybersecurity legislation - a new development area for DAF. Secondly, you will design the actual control functions. Which includes concept and requirement definition, design and modelling and also actively supporting building of prototype vehicles for verification and validation of the functional design. You will write formal functional design requirement documents and monitor the function development towards implementation and validation.
You cooperate closely within a multidisciplinary team with different stakeholders, such as function owners, system owners, architects, test engineers and suppliers. You are the linking pin for translating their input into a feasible control concept design.
The department Safety and Driver Controls within Product Development is responsible for the definition, design and validation of feasible control concepts for vehicle functions, both in advanced technology projects as in product development projects. These control concepts are applied in all Paccar vehicles.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- For this high-tech function we are looking for candidates with a B.Sc. or M.Sc. background in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, preferably in the automotive domain.
- You have excellent skills in modelling in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and model based development, experience in requirements management tool Doors is a pre.
- You have an active hands-on mentality with a feel for the constructive aspects of prototyping.
- You can fluently speak and write English. Dutch is a pre.
- You have good communication skills and an analytical mind, are pro-active and have a committed team-player attitude.