Secondment via YER
High Tech, IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
The growing complexity of our machines and our aim to deliver higher quality faster, is creating a lot of focus on the area of Engineering Simulation at ASML.
In our department of Engineering IT Services we are looking for an experienced MATLAB Application Support Engineer who will be responsible for the internal deployment and support of MATLAB/Simulink products in close collaboration with The MathWorks, who likes working in a multidisciplinary environment and who would like to be part of one of the biggest high-tech communities worldwide.
Are you an expert in MathWorks MATLAB and Simulink? Are you comfortable deploying software on Linux and Windows platforms and managing code repositories? Are you triggered by complex technical challenges?
We have a job for you!!
Support the Research, Development & Engineering departments by providing the Mathworks tool environment required for algorithm development and data visualization challenges.
Maintain the software and hardware Infrastructure of the ASML MATLAB engineering workplace, in cooperation with teams internal and external to the Engineering IT Services Hardware department.
- You will be part of the Engineering Simulation (SIMS) team in EIS, consisting of about 6 people, which again is part of the larger Hardware team of about 35. In this position your responsibilities will entail, but are not limited to:
- Support and maintain The Mathworks applications on Linux and Windows platforms;
- Assist a MATLAB user community of more than 7000 developers;
- Maintain the application software lifecycle on Windows client workstations, Linux virtual desktop environments and High Performance Compute Clusters.
- Drive innovation using technologies like puppet, git and more. Match the growing demand through higher levels of automation.
- Define improvement proposals that focus on usability, system performance and process efficiency for end-users;
- Maintain end-user and technical documentation describing implementation, usage and life cycle management of MathWorks software in our Infrastructure.
- Partner with development units at The MathWorks to incorporate ASML improvements into their commercial products;
- Participate as technical expert in running projects and proofs of concept for DevOps teams;
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes with a limited scope;
- Strong partner in discussions with Infrastructure architects and DevOps teams;
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is Engineering IT Services (EIS); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT EIS supports three development disciplines: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. The MathWorks Application Support Expert for Engineering IT Services will be a member of the SIMS team in the Agile Release Train “Engineering Simulation”, supporting engineering simulation applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Manager of Virtual Product Development (VPD) in the IT EIS department.
- Algorithm development
- Machine Learning
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Minimum Bachelor level or equivalent in Information Technology or Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years of proven experience in Simulation and/or Computation domain (application and infrastructure support)
- Proven competence in working with MathWorks MATLAB, Simulink, git.
- General knowledge of Engineering IT components as for instance Linux (RedHat), Windows (Server), NetApp storage, MySQL/Oracle/databases, identity management systems (Novell), Middleware (Tibco), security and others
- Good knowledge of IT workplace infrastructure like: Remote Workplace, Windows (Server 2016), Citrix XenApp/VDI, Cloud enablement
- Knowledge and understanding of services and processes (ITIL)
- Comfortable with working in Agile/Scrum
- Preferably experience in system implementation /change management within production -organizations and/ or eager to learn in this area.
- Team player, good social skills, service and customer-oriented, ability to motivate people
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving, self-organizing.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Strong analytical skills
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude.
- Change-management competencies.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.