Secondment via YER
High Tech, IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
This position is in diagnostics and recovery tooling of the ASML SW department. This department focusses on improving system availability at customer’s production processes by process optimization for ASML engineers in factory and field. Software for these engineers is being developed to increase their service capabilities. That software is deployed on a server rack inside the customer’s data centre. It takes data from ASML devices as input for diagnostics on system performance and availability. This data is processed via feedback loops towards engineers and HQ to continuously monitor, improve and optimize the efficiency of our engineers work processes.
The EPS is a product which ASML places at customer sites to support ASML-customer-support engineers.
The application software described above is created by specialists in other teams. Together with the Equipment Performance Server (EPS) team of ~8 people it is your task to ensure there is a platform where this software can run above 99.9% availability guarantee. Currently, ASML installed many servers at customer sites worldwide. The team you work with designed the HW setup, the virtualization layers, manages firmware updates, and provides a key set of supporting software services to manage the hardware platform. The team is very strong on the technical aspects. The daily organization is done by the team itself in an Agile manner. A candidate with (scaled) agile mindset who wants to work within a self-organizing team picking up activities from a sprint backlog. Some capacity of the team is reserved for field issues. It is encouraged to highlight these skills in an interview that may follow the application.
A next generation cloud-based platform is under construction. This is a new development that comes with a large learning opportunity for the team. The software that runs on the classical hardware platform is refactored to become platform-agnostic. In the new setup cloud solutions are the baseline; cloud-init, terraform, docker, VCenter, RHEV, GCP,
Your hands-on job is to support both. The stability of the existing platforms in the field and the introduction of the new platform with all its new opportunities and issues. You are profound in troubleshooting hardware, virtualization, network, and software issues even if these go beyond the platform. You understand the impact containerization may or may not have in these cases. Robust definition of software & platform, install, and upgrade (Ansible, shell script) is one of your hobbies. In the end, you take pride in robust and stable platforms as you are a true engineer.
- Maintenance and creation of Ansible playbooks that are used in software deployment.
- Shell scripts for many tasks.
- Support development teams at the Veldhoven site where they experience potential platform issues
- Max 10% travel to ASML customers for troubleshooting and upgrades that cannot be executed remotely.
- You are a Linux/Unix fan and enjoy working with Redhat software releases. You can help to identify the implications when a move from one version to the next is required.
- Development of automated tests that can be re-used on platform changes and upgrades to ensure no regression impact is caused.
- Manage a platform setup through VMWare (RHEV) know how to make and restore backups.
- Be able (and enjoy) to work with Python for test execution, scripting and documenting purposes.
Main technologies: GCP, Red Hat Linux, RHEV, VMWare, Ansible, Shell Scripting, podman, Docker, (Secure) Networking.
Context of the position
Keywords: GCP, GitHub, VMWare, RHEV, 3PAR, podman, Docker, DNS, Firewall, VCentre, Blade Server, DataCenter, OnSite Support, Ansible, shell scripting, HP hardware, Red Hat, RPM, Splunk, 4th line support, Python, Jira, Scaled Agile.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
A relevant BSc or MSc in the area of IT, electronics or computer engineering.
For this position we seek a hands on professional with 2-5 years of experience in a similar platform(s) environment and who preferably has experience with (scaled) agile way of working.
- First of all, you’re passionate about technology and are excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of people in whose daily life ASML based products are standard.
- You like to investigate issues, and you’re a creative problem solver.
- You’re open open-minded, you like to discuss technical challenges, and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
- You are flexible and able to context switch (and you strive to minimize the need for these)
- You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
- You and the team form one entity bringing constant incremental value to your customer(s).
- You are quality oriented – you don’t settle for second-best solutions, but strive to find the best ways to acquire top results.