Secondment via YER
High Tech, IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML operates in a high demanding, fast moving, dynamic and professional environment. We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Expert who is able to deliver IT infrastructure solutions to fulfil the complex requirements generated by the Development and Engineering Departments. Are you this person?
The Infrastructure Expert for Engineering IT Services will be working on projects as a technical expert or internal consultant. He or she must be able to provide technical leadership to cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of automation solutions into the ASML Engineering IT environment. He or she works in close cooperation with Domain Architects, Technical Application Manager, Infra Coordinator, Subject Matter Experts and Project Leads.
You will be part of the EIS-HW team consisting of more than 30 people.
- Contribute your application / infrastructure skills to projects that are in execution / implementation phase.
- Work as part of a team on the execution of the infra projects; solve problems and help ensure the realization of the projects conform scope, time and budget.
- Assist in planning the infra activities from both demand as well the supply side (available resources).
- Ensure the integration of the projects into the specific IT processes, including (security) policies, procedures, instructions, documentation and training in order to secure smooth handover to support.
- Communicate and align with the various IT departments within ASML about the changes/projects in order to set the right expectations, agree on down-time slots, etc.
Context of the position
At ASML, we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is EIS (Engineering IT Services); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT EIS supports three development disciplines: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. As an Infrastructure Expert you will be active in the Electrical Engineering group, supporting engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Solution Team Manager Hardware / Virtual Product Development of the IT EIS department.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor level or equivalent in Information Technology.
- 5-10 years of practical IT Infra experience.
- Broad knowledge of IT components and solutions as for instance Networking (Cisco, routers, F5), Linux (RedHat), Unix (Solaris), Windows (Server), NetApp storage, databases, identity management systems (Novell), Middleware (Tibco), security and others
- Good knowledge of IT workplace infrastructure: Office 365, Remote Workplace, Windows (Server 2016), VMware ESX, Microsoft SQL server/MySQL/Oracle, Active Directory, Citrix Xenapp/VDI
- Knowledge and understanding of services and processes (ITIL)
- Preferably experience in system implementation /change management within production -organizations and/ or eager to learn in this area.
- Highly motivated team player
- Shows initiative and problem-solving attitude
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Strong analytical skills
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude.
- Change-management competencies.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
- Team worker, good social skills, service and customer-oriented, ability to motivate people
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good documentation skills.