Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom, High Tech
About this vacancy
ASML operates in a high demanding, fast moving, dynamic and professional environment. Are you an experienced Infrastructure Architect who is able to deliver an extensive automated infrastructure services that is complex in nature for ASML?
Do you like to customize and configure a Red Hat Linux distribution to bring our application to maximum performance? Are you passionate about operating systems and able to bring our Linux operating system to a higher level of quality?
Then this is the job for you!
To create and improve the Linux operating system controlling the scanner control host PC; including tools, Python scripts and Ansible for software installation, software upgrades, backup and/restore and performance measures.
The Senior Linux System Engineer participates in a scrum team that is taking care of Linux operating system.
The day to day activities include:
- Create, customize, configure and test Linux Red Hat and WindRiver distributions.
- Create, improve and test upgrade and installation scripts.
- RedHat Virtualization, ansible and kickstart, spec files, makefiles, bitbake files.
- Create custom RPM packages for automatic installations on our TWINSCAN systems.
- Help creating high level work packages including estimates.
- Analyze and solve defects.
- Support application troubleshooting on OS domain level.
- Thinking with MVP mindset.
- Develop automatic test scripts in Python using Robot framework.
- Test the automatic test scripts on target hardware, representing parts of the TWINSCAN product.
- Participate in root cause analyzes of issues found in the field or at integration test systems Support software engineers in analyzing root causes of operating system related failures.
- Document and maintain test specifications and test reports.
- Work in a scrum team as part of an Agile environment.
We configure and integrate Linux on servers in the TWINSCAN product. This includes tools for installing and configuring Linux, time synchronization, hard disk storage, backup, restore and cloning of disks. Main languages used are Ansible, Python and Linux shell scripts.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Extended knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Redhat certification is a plus.
- Nice to have is WindRiver Linux experience
- Experience in configuring, using and debugging network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN, NTP and NFS.
- Experience in developing scripts in Python.
- Experience with automated testing tools and techniques (Robot Framework)
- Experience with OS hardening
- Experience with hardware architectures like x86, PPC, GPU
- Knowledge of continuous delivery process and technologies (GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Jira)
- Experience in working with configuration management systems (e.g. GIT, Artifactory).
- Nice to have is WindRiver Linux experience
- 3+ years of experience with build, deployment and test tools such as Jenkins & Artifactory
- 7+ years software development experience.
- 2+ years Computer Systems architecture or similar experience
- Experience in creating high level designs and writing documentation.