Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom, High Tech
About this vacancy
Are you a successful Full Stack Developer who masters the latest emerging technologies, processes and architectures? Do you have the thirst to truly understand Analytics-driven businesses and user needs, and are able to translate them into software solutions that make business impact?
Are you the one who wants to help us propel fast. Assist us do this in our Lithography industry where we made our mark with our machines - and next up - our Industry 4.0 Analytics tooling!
Spearhead software development projects in our Applications business line within ASML, to interact with customers and create applications in a diverse range of processes – across the entire Wafer Fab environment. These Analytics applications will strike a positive impact at the core of our customers’ business. To achieve this you will keep pace with, and implement, the very latest developments and innovations in software. And more than just exceptional technical talent, you will employ excellent communications skills that enables you to not only investigate customer requirements to the n-th degree but also to explain and convince non-software people about the nature and opportunities of complex applications.
Our Industry 4.0 applications push the boundaries in chip manufacturing, for this we are damn proud at ASML. The data going around increases tremendously, and it is up to you to design and implement robust solutions to manage them keenly. You will be a dynamic investigator, and a visionary recognized solutions provider. Fulfilling a challenging position compelling you to develop and practice an exciting variety of abilities and skills.
As a full stack designer you will specify application software designs, keeping testability, extendibility and maintainability in mind. With key challenge to map this knowledge and experience to the benefit of our ASML Analytics software products. In particular, you will:
- Write performant, functional, robust, and well tested code;
- Translate business requirements into product specifications and hence into design strategies and patterns;
- Own and maintain software design specifications, with focus on continuous improvement derived from lessons learned and customer feedback (Issues, 8Ds);
- Follow emerging developments and trends in relevant technical areas, and apply new technologies, standards and methodologies that will have a positive impact on our company's bottom-line;
- Establish close collaborations with marketing, management, and development teams. Balance the interests of the customer, the organization and the people, in creating an extensible architecture, while fulfilling immediate user needs and business goals, paves the way for future developments.
- Identify and mitigate risks with your peers during the development of new products;
- Also, contribute to the maturation of existing designs, lead initiatives aiming at improving code quality, implementing coding standards and ensuring test coverage.
At ASML, we believe in professional growth, as to further develop an extremely valuable hard-and soft-skills in the job. We have our own ASML learnings (portal) for attaining Lithography Domain expertise as well as soft-skill development (team effectiveness, cohesion, influencing etc.). Notably we value you as well in communities outside of ASML. By being recognized in the outside (possibly academic) world through publications and/or keynotes you’ll share and learn the best novelties to employ in your results.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
At least MSc, where a PhD or PDEng in Computer Science or Information Technology is appreciated.
8+ years from which at least 3 years as a Full Stack Software Developer in a complex, technically demanding and data savvy industry.
Novel Software Engineering principles and architectures / Containerized deployment (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) / Test & Validation frameworks / UML / Object orientation / Java SE, EE / Scaled Agile & Scrum/ Front end technologies (Angular 6+) - experience all expected. As well as hands-on experience with Oracle, and other such common components in today’s Big Data world.
- Passionate about your new technologies, intrinsically motivated and proactive;
- Has analytical mindset,
- Product, customer and quality-oriented;
- Investigate issues, creative in solving problems, not afraid to present your solutions, willingness to take initiative and share his/her ideas;
- Open-minded, communicative and ready to confront technical and architectural challenges and identify and exploit opportunities;
- An innovator and who constantly seeks to build knowledge and (net-)work;
- Exhibit role model behaviour in the team on both technical domain and interpersonal aspects, with a keen aptitude towards coaching and mentoring.
- Take ownership, be the backbone of the team, and support peers
- Customer, product and quality oriented – who strives and finds optimal ways to achieve top results.
Keywords: software development, software architecture, computer science, IT, Big Data, Data Science, Java, Python, React, Agile, Scrum, product development, object-oriented, innovation.