Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom, High Tech
About this vacancy
The products of ASML’s Applications Business Line products are critical elements in high-end semiconductor manufacturing processes. They build on the capabilities of our world renowned scanners, using them as an actuator to correct distortions caused by other process steps.
Within Applications, the Process Window Control (PWC) software products provide our customers with the means to optimize and control their manufacturing processes. Our software brings huge benefits to our customers and the use of our products is increasing fast. A team of over 200 software developers works together with application engineers, process experts and support specialists to develop our unique market leading applications. Development is largely done in Java and our applications run in a Linux environment on a local server rack.
Within software development, the OASIS team is responsible for providing a state-of-the-art development environment. Consisting of both IT engineers and development engineers, the team combines the knowledge of our internal IT infrastructure, development tools and modern development practices. The team has a high impact on the effectiveness and productivity of the 25 scrum teams. Its goal is to continuously optimize the software development, releasing and deployment cycle.
Activities range widely; development tooling configuration, setting up/enhancing Continuous Integration pipelines, maintenance, support and application life cycle management.
Our development environment consists of, amongst other:
- Gradle, Maven
- Linux (RedHat)
- Jenkins, artifactory
- Splunk / Dynatrace
- Atlassian tool suite; BitBucket, Jira, Bamboo, Confluence
As a member of the OASIS team, you ensure that the developers have a stable and state-of-the art development environment that supports Continuous Integration. You are:
- Actively participate in the team’s Agile/scrum activities (~50%)
- Diagnose issues and fix them (~40-50%)
- Pro-actively look for potential improvements and prepare them for evaluation by the team (~10%)
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return
- and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients;
- ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development
- Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or software engineering.
- Experience in DevOps activities, preferably in a large development organization
- You have worked as a software developer in a Java development team
- You have worked in an Agile/scrum team
- You have worked in a CI/CD driven organization
- You have at least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Always acting to make the team succeed
- Outgoing, actively building useful relationships in the scope of the project
- Result driven, “make it happen” attitude
- Accurate way of working, you ensure that what you do is documented and communicated
- Ability to switch quickly between levels of abstractions (detailed view vs. system level view)
- A continuous improvement attitude, for both the development environment and the team’s own performance