Secondment via YER, Contract with Client
Food, Feed, Pharma
About this vacancy
For Amgen in Breda, we are looking for a Senior Associate Accounting (a full-time position).
Position Specific Tasks
- Performs day-to day accounting activities related to US GAAP (review and post journal entries/payroll accounting/VAT/prepaid and accruals).
- Performs Balance Sheet reviews, reviewing account reconciliation's in liaison with outsources partners/Finance and Administration team at European affiliate
- Supports the preparation of close packages (including variance analysis),
- Performs control validations and testing (IICC/SOX).
- Supports sales accounting/cost accounting for the global accounting functions
- Coordination/oversight accounting activities performed by our outsource partners.
- Ensures actual data in SAP and various reporting systems is accurate
- Technical guidance on accounting matters
- Communicates/Coordinates with Finance and Administration team at European affiliate relating US GAAP vs Local GAAP
- Provides support for expansion activities/new product launches
- Create and track financial metrics as part of dashboard for management
- Provide ad hoc support to the Finance Director and flag all opportunities and challenges.
- Keep track of effectiveness of SLA’s, process maps and SOPs, monitors between the various Finance functions
- Provide back up when colleagues are not available.
Amgen is an international biotechnology company that makes an active contribution to better care. Amgen scientists have been developing innovative therapies for patients with serious illnesses since 1980. Our product portfolio encompasses the following therapeutic areas: oncology, kidney diseases, hematology, bone diseases and cardiovascular diseases.
Amgen is active in around 100 countries worldwide. Amgen Europe B.V. has been located in Breda since 1997. At this site, Amgen medicines are labeled, provided with patient information leaflets, packaged and distributed throughout Europe and to a growing number of countries in other parts of the world. The Dutch sales organization Amgen B.V. is also located in Breda. It is responsible for the availability of our medicines and clinical trials in the Netherlands.
Amgen has built up an excellent, worldwide reputation in the area of biologics - medicines made using biotechnological techniques. Amgen supplies high-quality medicines and focuses primarily on patients with conditions for which few or no treatment options exist. It takes expertise, experience, vigilance and dedication to ensure that every new batch of biologic medicines is of the same high quality. At Amgen, strict quality control and a reliable supply of medicines are just as important as scientific innovation.
What does Amgen offer you?
We offer a full-time and challenging role within a growing international company. You will have a meaningful career, where you can contribute to our mission and make a difference in the lives of our patients. You will be seconded via YER to Amgen.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge or the equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or a related field of study
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written) is a must.
- Typically, 3+ years of related professional experience
- Demonstrated excellence of technical knowledge of accounting (US GAAP), accounting systems/processes.
- Demonstrates a high level of analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office environment.
- Basic knowledge of European VAT system
- Experience with SAP/other ERP system is a +