Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
You’ll be part of a world-class, market leader organization for the high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions in the semiconductor industry. We are a global company with 70 offices spanning 16 different countries. Working location will be Veldhoven. Our Employees are our most important assets and therefore we invest in your career development. When you apply you don’t just apply for a job but for a career within ASML.
In addition to our highly competitive compensation and benefits package, you’ll be able to work and lead multidisciplinary teams in a dynamic environment in a fast growing market; you’ll work with specialists from all over the world, adapting the latest techniques and of course you will get the chance to work directly for our demanding customers to help make Moore’s law possible.
On one side, you’ll be paving the architectural runway and roadmap within the Greenhouse Core team. On the other part, you will be working with one of the greenhouse engineering teams as a product owner to ensure our vision is implemented. These teams are typically sized 4-7 highly skilled and educated members. Your job is to prepare and execute the technical work packages and assure the quality of the output. Leading by example is your motto. Your main focus is preparing & enabling teams and their software to move to the Greenhouse environment.
Key requirements are enabling DevSecOps practices using industry standards. The platform will be cloud-ready and based on a hybrid cloud infrastructure foundation. Teams are empowered through self-service capabilities and flexibility to add capabilities and tools to the environment. The software development environment is mission critical and must support the highest level of IP protection (top secret). With the large community to be serviced, all processes such as onboarding a new developer or providing new or other development stacks to teams must be fully automated and self-serviceable.
The Greenhouse project itself adopted a DevSecOps way of working. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team with IT and software engineers to deliver results fast and in short cycles. This team delivers the solution in incremental steps with a strong connection to the tools and techniques provided to the end-users.
Context of the position
The Greenhouse project goal is replacing the ClearCase environment by a state-of-the art software development environment. The project is called Greenhouse because the new environment will evolve step by step on a new foundation. This software development environment services a large community with over 2500 active developers. The software being developed is deployed to the ASML machines at the customer.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Embedded Systems or equivalent.
- Advanced experience with DevOps, Software development lifecycle, Secure development
- Solid understanding of Build systems, (Bazel and Cmake are a plus)
- It is considered an advantage: experience with SCM Systems, GIT (Clearcase and SVN are a plus), (automated) software integration & release processes concepts and tools
- Embedded software development using C/C++ and RHEL is a plus
- At least 2-3 years of experience with infrastructure as code and cloud principles as well as software architecture and design principles
- Management of toolstacks: GitHub, GitLab, Atlassian
- Experience with HA, DR, resilient architectures
- Documenting and maintaining foundation, platform, application architectures and requirements (TOGAF, Archimate, UML)
- Modern design and architectural patterns and principles
- Software development within high-tech enterprise environments
- You are seeking to work in a precise and challenging department.
- You are quality-driven, and you are looking for an environment where your technical skills will be enhanced and your ideas will be put to the test.
- You are not afraid to debate technical aspects within the team because you know that we will always choose the best solution.
- You want to be a part of a dynamic and challenging environment that leaves no room for errors in the live environment.
- You are passionate about robotics, and you would like to be a part of our teams who are building large scale applications for large machines which in their turn, have a global usability.