Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Hospital 4.0 is a value stream within Philips research focusing on operational excellence with the Healthcare Industry. We strive to help C- suite, administrators, doctors and caregivers to reduce waste by optimizing operations in hospitals and hospital networks. By connecting and analysing data from health information systems, point of care medical devices, sensors, RTLS and other pre-existing relevant sources with help of enabling technologies such as Cloud, AI & ML, data interoperability, and healthcare data standards (HL7, FHIR).
Philips is looking for an experienced and motivated senior software developer with deep technical depth as well as strong interpersonal skills. The software developer will work in a multi-disciplinary development team. The position is in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- Design, test, develop, deploy, maintain and improve software assets
- Deliver high quality code through hands on development with attention to detail
- Analyse/Research issues and provide solutions to quickly resolve them
- Options to peer programming with team members
- Actively participate in solution design with system engineers and architects
- Experience in integrating multiple system solutions and communicating with all involved parties
- Pre: Experience with existing Philips processes regarding platforms and integrations.
- Interoperability implementation and integration experience with FHIR and HL7.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision-making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in developing software applications
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Back-end experience: Java, modern web technology stack (micro-services, message queue, REST API definitions, cloud services)
- Solid experience with key DevOps technologies including Docker, as well as DevOps experience in AWS / Cloud Foundry, including hybrid, serverless, IaaS, automation, and tools for CI/CD services.
- Relevant experience in working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Strong experience with highly-scalable and distributed databases and the key issues affecting their performance and reliability.
- Experienced in test driven development.
Nice to haves:
- Relevant experience with TFS
- Experience with Philips Research
- Experience with Agile SAFe
- Excellent communication skills (fluent in English).
- Interest in joining a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural, multi-site team.
- Problem-solving mindset, accurate, strong analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skill