Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
You will be responsible for the development and industrial application of products, processes and systems in technology- or advanced-competence-development-projects in which the Technologist is involved, based on your field of expertise. Observes, based on technological expertise and customer network, opportunities for new projects and develops these projects in co-operation with others involved.
In this role you have the opportunity to
Have full End-to-end responsibility for system behaviour & performance in mechatronic systems. Create solutions for our customers within time and budget, for our businesses and other (external) companies, on locations all over the globe.
You are responsible for
- Carrying out tasks and activities within Mechatronic development projects. These activities range from supporting concept choices (both theoretical an experimental) from a background in your technical specialism and bordering disciplines to integrating complex mechatronic systems and proving performance on specification. We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing, but you may also get assignments towards artificial intelligence or algorithm design.
- Provide consultancy at customer's request in which performance issues of existing machines or products need to be analysed and solved (performance analysis, parameter studies and troubleshooting).
- Multidisciplinary cooperation within project teams is vital for success. Sometimes you will be joining a customer team and other times you will work as part of an in-house team.
You are part of
An organization that draws upon a huge range of resources and know-how to support her customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and efficiently as possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in our own core businesses and hundreds of companies outside the company. Each day brings new challenges as we work on many different projects.
The Mechatronics department, with approximately 200 employees, is unique in its system design approach, which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions for high accuracy positioning, in e.g. lithography systems and magnetically levitated stages.
You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both the company and its customers.
The Thermal, Flow & Control group within the Mechatronics department is a group of over 25 specialists in the field of Control, Thermal, Flow and Tribology. The team solves high tech challenges for our customers. Each day brings new challenges as we work on many different projects for a variety of customers, from small and medium enterprises to complex industries like semiconductor equipment suppliers.
YER Technology offers you the opportunity to work at the most prominent and innovative organisations in the Netherlands. We are a high-level sparring partner that can give your career the boost it needs! You will be employed by YER and work at one of our clients.
As a senior technologist systems & control we offer you:
An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects. A project-based environment where people have both advanced theoretical knowledge and the capability to put that knowledge into practice - fast. Training and guidance to become an independent technologist. Extensive opportunities for growth in technical and personal development. Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, from developing state-of-the-art lithographic wafer stages, to pioneering on optimization algorithms in control and Artificial Intelligence. The opportunity to shape and grow your career will be in your own hands!
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering with a system theory background e.g. control or dynamics specialization;
- Strong preference for ASML experience;
- Customer-centric attitude and interested in executing R&D projects for customers. Always looking from the angle of creating value for the customer;
- Solid analytical attitude combined with interest and skills for experimental validation;
- Strong mathematical skills;
- Motivated to apply these skills in the field of system and concept design;
- Knowledge of modelling in Matlab/Simulink is preferred;
- Understanding of mechatronic systems, control theory and actuation principles is preferred;
- Ability to translate technological considerations into concrete recommendations for designers;
- Motivated to operate in multi-disciplinary teams, working on complex mechatronic research and development challenges;
- Excellent communicative skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English;