Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
We are looking for a hands-on IT Manger for one of the most innovating corporates in the Netherlands.
You are an energetic Chapter Lead/IT Manger with expertise in people management and knowledge in Crypto and PKI (experience in working in a high secure environment/highly regulated environment). You are at least a competent DevOps Engineer, and this will be your role in the squad for 60% of your time. You will develop consumable, end-to-end infrastructure services for your consumers together with your squad. You are able to move all typical user stories and tasks from “To-Do” to “Done”.
The remaining 40% of your time, you spend on building up expertise in your chapter and developing your chapter members. You are enthusiastic about sharing your knowledge with others, and about coaching around 6-9 members of your Chapter and oversee their personal development.
You will be working on different locations (offices in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, home and on data centres).
The squad consists of two chapters, one with focus on infrastructure, the other with focus on the crypto applications. This CL position is focused on the application part.
YER IT offers you the opportunity to work at innovative organisations throughout the Netherlands, such as ASML, DAF and Philips. We are a high-level sparring partner that can give your career the boost it needs! You will be employed by YER and work at one of our clients.
1. Broad understanding of technologies and consumer needs
- Knowledge across stacks, technologies and ecosystems
- Technology stacks and tools of the respective service of the squad
- Technology of interfacing squads and consumers to achieve end-to-end view
- Impact of different factors on performance and capacity of services
- Technical implications of Security and Risk principles
- Clear understanding of consumer context and needs, as well as the value-add of your service to the consumer
2. Expertise in multiple coding/ scripting languages and automation tooling
- Working knowledge of configuration tools like Azure Devops and Ansible
- Scripting experience Python, Bash, Java programming (nice to have)
3. Working-level knowledge of Agile and DevOps practices
- Understanding of the Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of Lean practices
- Deep knowledge of DevOps way of working
Competencies - Behaviours
1. Inspiring people management style
- Inspiring and energizing when talking to colleagues
- Empowering and challenging squad members to foster individual development
- Encouraging employees to setup and achieve personal development goals
2. Openness to try new ways of working
- Mindset of continuous improvement of the service and way of working
- Strong problem solver to structure and improve complex situations
- Drive to coach other to help their individual development
- End-to-end ownership mindset
- Strong team player who takes responsibility
- Independent and autonomous in completing tasks
- Result oriented - Adapts approaches to situations
3. Curiosity to always look out for innovation opportunities
- Passionate about major trends in technology
- Up-to-date and always learning about thes latest innovations
- Attend events and workshops on Chapter specific topics
- Professional and intellectual IT ability at university level - at least Bachelor's degree
- Extensive experience in both engineering and leadership roles in Agile teams, e.g. as Scrum Master, Product Owner, DevOps Engineer
- Track record of developing people and knowledge through coaching or mentoring
- Excellent command of spoken and written Dutch and English