Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
At Philips Design, they always believed in the transformational power of Design in making our world healthier and more sustainable. They are an integral and valuable part of the organization and its long heritage. They have earned and continue to earn their place as a leading health tech organization by placing the people in the center of their work and in delivering integrated solutions across the full health continuum.
Designers are among the smartest and talented designers of a global community. They take pride in their work and continuously shift design paradigms to improve their ways.
As a senior Interaction Designer, you LEAD interaction design activities for existing or new propositions within the full portfolio, through:
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, usability testing, task analysis, data analysis, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Capture user requirements through specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, principles and design specifications
- Effectively communicate experience frameworks, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Work closely with development teams to understand their capabilities clearly and to ensure that design specifications are implemented correctly
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and design strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Apply working knowledge of existing interface or usability standards, and development technologies including various screen-based platforms (e.g. web-based enterprise software development, websites, mobile OS etc.)
- Create user focused strategies, innovations, solutions and experiences and the user testing and validation of these, considering usability, sustainability and appropriate visual and verbal articulation in line with Design Language System and Brand guidelines
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and project parameters
- Customer focus and Design consultancy, collaborating, partnering and co creating with internal and external stakeholders, with clear and impactful communication and articulation of design decision-making
- Creative or content leadership on high complexity project or program level and/or setting the standard with high level of content specialism.
- Provides design thought leadership to senior business stakeholders, actively drives co-create approaches between Design and other stakeholders.
- Leads larger projects or programs, able to influence direct environment to create enabling conditions for success, to define delivery strategies and manage program level design quality reviews.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
- Master degree in Design, Design Research or related discipline, or equivalent professional Design training experience.
- Track record of leading complex and large scale, transformational and/or multiple simultaneous projects with decentralized teams
- Thought-leadership on design processes, methodology, culture, technology etc. able to articulate complex matters clearly to outsiders
- Demonstrable design advocacy and mentoring skills to provide strategic and tactical design direction
- Strong influencing and expectation setting skills against real-world limitations
- Substantial day-to-day coordination skills (resources and process) to maintain high design standards
- Entrepreneurial, humble, quick-thinking and exceptionally creative capabilities paired with a keen sense of humor.