Secondment via YER
High Tech, IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML is the largest supplier in the world of photolithography systems for the semiconductor industry and manufactures machines for the production of integrated circuits. It is a heavily R&D driven company, and as such, it is critical that we properly safeguard our intellectual property.
All R&D is performed to deliver products to our customers (whether in physical or software only form). Changing threat and risk horizons require us to further improve on product security focusing on cyber security and information security resilience in respectively products and product intellectual property.
The product security domain is responsible for assuring the business develops their products within ASML cyber and information security risk appetite by developing, maintaining, and improving cross-product reference architecture in alignment with ASML risk appetite, product security risk management framework, and business needs.
The Product Security Domain Architect is responsible for:
- development, maintenance, and improvement of the cross-product security reference architecture in close cooperation with the product security focus group lead/enterprise product security architect;
- development, maintenance, and improvement of product security design patterns and integration of these in business/ product development processes;
- Alignment of cross-product security reference architecture with product security risk management framework;
- Execute product security control and risk assessments and drive mitigation in product development processes;
- Register product security risks and exceptions in respective R&D registers;
- Execution and coordination in product security incident and exception management processes;
- Capable to design and to support in design of solution architecture -including technical and operational aspects- for product security services;
- Support business line programs, product architects, and engineers in solution architecture, design and implementation of security requirements in products and services;
- Provide and contribute to security awareness trainings for specialized topics such as secure software development.
- Contribute to the development of product security policies, standards, benchmarks, and guidelines;
- Contribute to the development of product security means and methods such as assessment tooling;
- Contribute to the maturity of the product security technical competence;
- Remain oversight, manage dependencies and integration aspects, and assure cross-product security architecture is consistent across product security services.
Context of the position
The product security domain architect is positioned within the Information Management, R&D Security Risk Management department which is part of Development & Engineering business function. The product security domain architect will functionally report to the Product Security focus group lead and hierarchically to the R&D sector security risk manager.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor/master degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in IT security, OT security and information security risk management;
- Proven strong IT and software architecture knowledge and background;
- Proven experience with risk management frameworks such as ISO 27001;
- Vendor agnostic expertise of IT/ software architecture;
- Knowledge of open source software;
- Experience in Linux environments;
- Proven up-to-date experience with vulnerability scanning and/or penetration testing;
- A plus: proven experience in security software development and secure programming;
- A plus: Experience with certificates and encryption techniques.
- A plus: Knowledge of virtualization and containerization technologies such as VMware, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Generic security certifications like CISSP, and CISM;
- Specialized security architecture certifications like TOGAF9, SABSA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GDSA.
- Skill to lead, influence, and negotiate without authority;
- A business enabling security attitude in opposite to a business disabling one;
- Strong analytical skills in combination with common sense;
- Ability to translate risks, threats, and vulnerabilities to business stakeholder level and to drive risk mitigation, dealing with resistance and risk appetite;
- Pro-active and self-motivated attitude;
- Political aware and sensitive;
- Fluent English (written and verbal);
- Team player;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Drive to retrieve the root cause of the problem.