Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom, High Tech
About this vacancy
ASML is the largest supplier in the world of photo-lithography systems for the semiconductor industry and manufactures machines for the production of integrated circuits. It is a heavily R&D driven company, and as such, it is critical that we properly safeguard our intellectual property. As an information security manager, you will manage information security risks within the R&D domain, which is a challenging position in an intellectual property-driven enterprise.
As Anomaly Detection Expert you will manage information security risks in the ‘Development and Engineering (R&D) domain, which is a challenging position in an Intellectual Property driven enterprise. Throughout the company multiple disciplines are required to ensure proper identification, mitigation and management of these risks.
R&D Security Risk Management (SRM) operates within the R&D domain, which includes Development & Engineering, System Engineering and all Business Lines. R&D SRM is responsible for keeping information security risks within the R&D risk appetite by identifying and assessing risks, driving risk mitigation and monitoring execution.
As part of this profile you will be responsible for:
- Improving the anomaly detection capabilities within the R&D domain;
- Creating additional logging requirements for R&D information systems together with other stakeholders;
- Aligning with business stakeholders on monitoring use cases and malicious behavior;
- Communicating and advising security risk management, projects, business and IT partners on anomaly detection improvements and requirements;
- Together with IT and the ASML SOC, driving the implementation of (application-level) logging and embed monitoring in existing incident handling capabilities and practices.
Ensure security risks do not exceed the risk appetite by defining monitoring controls on the level of user and administrator usage of applications. Align with the application security team, operational IT teams, the privacy office, the Cyber Defense Center (SOC) and business departments on defining the level of monitoring necessary and drive implementation. Ensure applications are on-boarded. Identify and drive improvements to existing monitoring.
This role focuses on anomaly detection in the R&D domain by amongst others drive the anomaly detection capability improvements in information systems and processes. Besides this domain you will be expected to also perform/assist in generic security risk assessments and support the SRM department as a whole.
- Identify, advice on logging and monitoring requirements for R&D applications;
- Drive implementation of centralized activity logging;
- Together with R&D cluster security risk managers and business stakeholders, define monitoring use-cases;
- Use big-data analytics methodologies to create anomaly detection models and reports, and validate their effectiveness;
- Security event correlation;
- Embed logging and monitoring in existing processes;
- Align with the application security team, IT operations teams, the privacy office and the Cyber Defense Center;
- Ensure compliance to privacy and security policies and standards;
- Contribute to improving means and methods related to focus domains.
Context of the position
You are based in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. You will be employed in the R&D Security Risk Management (SRM) team which is part of the Development and Engineering Information Management department. You will be reporting to the Assurance focus Area lead and functionally reporting to the R&D Sector Security Risk Manager.
You are a member of the ASML Security community; collaborating also together with Security Risk Managers in other sectors.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
At least a Bachelor degree and relevant education in Information Security and/or IT Audit.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in information security risk management;
- In possession of valid industry certifications such as CISA, CISM, CISSP.
- Relevant certifications for Big Data, Data Analytics and or Splunk.
- In possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands.
- Relevant knowledge/experience in the IT (security) domain;
- Proven (big) data analysis experience, including Splunk experience;
- Able to manage and coordinate medium/long-term implementations;
- Proven experience with defining and implementing logging and monitoring in an organization;
- Affinity and familiarity with development and engineering processes, way of working and culture;
- Pro; DevOps (SAFe) and project management understanding.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Fluent English (written and verbal);
- Ability to deal with resistance and reluctance;
- Pro-active and self-motivated with the proven ability to drive results;
- Team player;
- Good communication, influencing and negotiating skills.