Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analysis solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
Philips Digital Computational Pathology aims at digitizing the pathology workflow. Philips Digital Computational Pathology is developing advanced image analytics solutions including computer aided measurements and characterization to algorithms assisting the diagnosis. In the Scanner Department, we are developing a next generation digital microscope for facilitating the digitization of the images used in in the digital pathology workflows.
Within this role, your main responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with Stakeholders, and cross-functional teams.
- Co-architecting, designing, implementing and documenting software modules and associated tests in accordance with ISO62304.
- Understanding and communicating the consequences of your design with respect to the intended architecture.
- Working with the Product owners to define the work packages and support in the planning and tracking process
- Providing Technical and process leadership for your Scrum team
- Gathering and acting on stakeholder and engineering feedback
- Working together with our 3rd party development partners to deliver total solutions.
- Supporting integration, including integration of 3rd party deliverables.
- Owning the code quality of components and application team and support the Continuous integration and delivery mechanisms.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
To be discussed
- You have excellent design skills and strong architectural skills and have experience in requirements engineering.
- You are a hands on Engineer, part of the implementing team.
- You are proficient in developing software in a variety of programming languages.
- Have experience of developing / leading development of full stack Java systems on top of Linux.
- You have strong analytical skills and are able localize and resolve issues the right way, even if you are not very familiar with the code base.
- You are a pragmatic programmer, with a passion for Code Craftsmanship and take pride in writing clean code, you are comfortable with pair programming and experienced in applying test driven development techniques as part of your personal drive to build in quality.
- You use pair working techniques coupled with code review to help develop the programming skills of your fellow team members
- You have experience in highly regulated environments.
- You have experience in working with hardware, embedded systems and working in an Agile environment
- In the role of Scrum master, you have experience in developing your team to excellence, and lead by example.
A candidate who has knowledge of:
- A Master degree – preferably in computer software engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in the role of a Senior Software Designer / Junior Architect for product application development.
- Java, Web, Vue, AngularJS 1.x