Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
We are looking for an experienced (software) engineer to define and improve our existing function development processes – and use of tools within those processes - regarding translation of customer needs to function requirements at the start of the product development cycle.
You have experience with function/software development, requirements engineering, change management and configuration management. You are willing to develop and train processes describing the way of working of the design engineers in order to increase quality and efficiency of the developed functionalities.
You are a senior engineer who is actively looking to improve processes by seeing the big picture and aligns with stakeholders to update these processes.
The main tools used are IBM Rational Doors (Next Gen.) en IBM Rational Rhapsody.
You will work with engineers from different technical areas, who are defining the next generation DAF truck You’ll research new ideas and provide recommendations, provide internal consulting, evangelize new tools and standards, capture and manage product knowledge, and create and deliver learning resources to help staff members learn our products.
This role requires strong technical expertise, leadership ability, communication skills, creativity, and initiative.
The department Vehicle Control within Product Development is responsible for the definition, design and validation of feasible control concepts for vehicle functions, both in advanced technology projects as in product development projects. These functions are applied in all Paccar vehicles.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
Education and knowledge
- Bachelor's or Master's or PhD's, ideally in Computer Science, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field
- V-Cycle process knowledge
- Experience with IBM Rational Doors is a must
- Experience with IBM Rational Rhapsody is a pre
- SPICE knowledge
- Progress monitoring
- Attention to details
- Analytical capacity
- Planning & Organizing
- Results orientation
Good English skills are mandatory and Dutch skills are a pre