Research & Development
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Weert facilities started back in 1999 and are specialized in process development and first scale-up to multi kilogram scale of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients intended for preclinical and early-phase clinical trials.
As part of the increasing demand for the services at Weert location, we are currently looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Process R&D Group Leader.
The R&D Group Leader is responsible for all project-related activities, from onboarding to pilot-plant manufacturing, including chemical, analytical, and solid-state development; safety assessments; control strategies; and documentation. In addition to scientific knowledge, the function also comprises communication to other departments involved in the project, such as project management, production, EH&S, and QA. Furthermore, the R&D Group Leader is the first point of contact for clients concerning project-related matters.
- The R&D Group Leader reports to the Head of Development.
- Together with the Analytical Project Leader and the Project Manager, the R&D Group Leader forms the core team of the consigned projects.
- The R&D Group Leader is the direct line manager of the team members (depending on experience, up to 10–15 direct reports).
- Is responsible for allocating resources to a project and ensuring progress.
- Takes care of execution and supervision of the required process R&D, control strategy, and production batches.
- Is responsible for the scientific content of projects, including daily guidance of the R&D team and production support in case of nonconformities.
- Is responsible for all communication of scientific data to the customer (e.g., written updates, telecoms, reports).
- Ensures that the required documentation (R&D reports, production reports, batch records, deviations, change control, etc.) is generated and reviewed, according to planning.
- Is responsible for process transfer to the customer and support activities.
- Advises the Head of Development, i.e. regarding the selection of project members.
- Gives input for the evaluation of project inquiries pertaining to content, feasibility, planning, and required resources.
- If required, generates (or assists in generating) project proposals.
Symeres is one of the leading chemistry CROs in Europe. With over 450 highly trained and dedicated employees, MercachemSyncom provides a range of services to support small-molecule drug discovery and development projects for biopharmaceutical companies in the USA, Europe, and Japan. Our key areas of expertise are synthetic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, parallel chemistry, and process R&D.
- Academic education in chemistry or similar. Preferably holds a PhD.
- Preferably (over) 5 years’ experience in a chemical-pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience with project management, process chemistry, and EHS guidelines.
- Preferably hands-on experience of working within a regulated (GMP) environment.
- Capable of leading (small) project teams. Job offer An exciting position in a dynamic organization with an attractive remuneration package and opportunities for learning and development.
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Is capable of leading team members within the projects; possesses good communicative and people skills to continuously motivate a project team.
- Leads daily team discussions regarding project resources, safety, quality, delivery, and cost aspects.
- Accountable for the output of their R&D team, including communication during internal meetings.