Research & Development
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
In this role, you have the opportunity to drive our transformation towards an outcome-based company by creating winning connected solutions for acute and transitional patient care that deliver on the quadruple aim by improved health outcome, patient and staff experience, and lower cost of care.
Our aspiration is to avoid and reduce complications and to improve the care delivery processes through leveraging high fidelity data in conjunction with evidence-based guidelines to provide actionable insights to the care team seamlessly integrated into the clinical workflow.
- Keeping abreast of clinical developments in acute and transitional care settings through outside-in-scouting, connecting with thought leaders, networking with clinicians, and study of relevant literature and guidelines.
- Understanding the clinical workflow, unmet operational requirements, the care path of patients, the needs of caregivers, patients and their family members.
- Creating and evaluating compelling value propositions with claims that resonate with clinical users.
- Driving the strategy for the system of engagement in acute and ambulatory care settings.
- Executing the strategy by developing concepts and guiding their implementation in form of mockups and prototypes for early validation with caregivers.
- Developing clinical claims and healthcare economics benefits and road mapping of clinical validation and proof points.
- Internally representing the voice of caregivers and patients driving clinically differentiated innovations,,
- Contributing to the vision and innovation strategy of the connected care research program based on deep understanding of customer needs together with market forces and trends.
- Generating intellectual property around the developed propositions.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, travel costs);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- MSc or PhD in medical informatics, biomedical engineering, or a similar education at the cross-over between technology innovation and medicine.
- 3-5 years of work experience in clinical research and/or innovating clinical care, ideally in the acute patient management domain.
- Affinity for identifying unmet clinical needs, and driving integrated connected care solutions for improved healthcare delivery.
- Expertise in clinical research, including the handling of ethical and legal aspects.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with hospitals, clinicians and staff and competence to synthesize clinical insights and feedback into clinically differentiated solutions.
- Understanding of value-based healthcare, health economics and outcome-oriented research studies.
- Good communication skills and ability to convince people.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Required personal characteristics.
- Highly motivated, flexible, social and disciplined team player.
- Representative and inquisitive personality always acting with integrity.
- Result-driven, accurate and quality minded.
- Research and innovation mindset, creative in finding solutions.
- Ambition to create value for customers.