Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water, Automotive
About this vacancy
Are you a data-driven person with automotive affinity? Do you want to play a key role in the development of our high quality engines? If so, DAF might have the opportunity you are looking for!
As Hardware and Design Data Scientist you are responsible for data analysis within the Engine Development department, part of DAF Product Development. Several data sources are available that provide information on usage and specific characteristics of both Engine and After treatment system integrated in customer and field test vehicles.
- Working in multidisciplinary teams to discover and develop high-impact data analytics need and data opportunities in the Engine and After treatment development department
- Report on current product usage and component and system behavior and suggest improvement areas
- Setup storage and processing of data
- Develop and monitor KPI’s relevant to the Engine Development team
- Setup processes to transfer different data sources to useable formats for Product Development
- Setup and improve standard reporting for engineering and management purposes
- Perform ad hoc data analyses to support Product Development
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Within PACCAR Inc. DAF is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-the-art engine development center we develop engine families for current and future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best-of-class products in the European and American transportation world. We are driven to provide environmentally-friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers. As a global technology leader in the design, manufacturing and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multidisciplinary team.
You will be part of the Engine and After treatment System Hardware and Design department (HW&D). HW&D is amongst others responsible for designing and releasing components and systems for the Engine and Engine After treatment System (EAS), managing suppliers and performing virtual validation. The integrated Engine and EAS system needs to be extremely reliable, making it very important to understand exactly how customers are using our products in real-life.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Technical education on Master or Bachelor level in Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Data science, or similar
- Proven affinity with data analysis
- Highly proficient in Matlab and Microsoft Excel, Knowledge on R and Tableau is preferable
- Experienced in working in multidisciplinary teams
- Attention to details and delivering high quality work
- Strong analytical skills with a results oriented attitude
- Great communication skills in both written and verbal form
- Fluent in English and Dutch