Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water, Industrial, Engineering, (Petro)Chemical
About this vacancy
The Manager Shop will be a core member of the Operations Team that delivers improvements, quality and completeness that meets customer tomorrow’s needs. The purpose of the role is that you ensure optimal planning and assembly performance of new-build compressors in accordance with HTC and customer requirements and initiate, execute and coordinate improvement projects.
What needs to be done?
- Deliver our products efficiently and effectively using a Lean manufacturing best practice approach.
- Ensure that all components that come in, meet assembly requirements in terms of quality and delivery schedule and that all other resources required by shop floor are received in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all contract budget hours and timelines are achieved while still maintaining the highest level of quality and standards required by the company, client and any other external authorities.
- Ensure the facility management function to coordinate and oversee the safe, secure, and environmentally sound operations and maintenance of these assets in a cost effective manner aimed at long-term preservation of the asset value.
- Perform all People Leadership tasks and responsibilities for the direct reports (f.e. talent management, succession planning, performance management, absenteeism management, recruitment).
- Work towards the vision of our Future Factory: responsible for maintaining or improve the factory layout and maintenance of buildings in order to realize efficiency and productivity gains.
Our client Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for clients for the past 100 years, and they are now looking for a Manager Shop who will join their team and assist them in making a valuable difference in the century to come.
What will you get in return?
You will get the chance to bring in your vision and initiatives, be a leader and work on products and projects we are proud off in a healthy and good atmosphere. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development and of course an attractive salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position.
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor or Master in an Engineering or Business discipline or have proven relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership position in manufacturing/operations in an Engineering-to-Order company.
- Experience in production and procurement management.
- Strong leadership capabilities to deliver results and to build cross-functional teams.
- Strategic focus with the ability to analyse, formulate and implement improvement plans.
- Pragmatic, no-nonsense approach.
- Good communication skills at all levels, written and verbal.
- An open and engaging communication style;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Strong English language skills, verbal Dutch language skills are preferred.
- Being able to engage and motivate others in embracing changes while keeping focus on the high level company’s objectives.
- Willingness to travel regularly when required (up to 10% average).