Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom, Engineering, High Tech
About this vacancy
Are you eager to further develop your technical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? Are you ready for your next challenge, want to be proud of team achievements and to be part of the progress? If so, then a job of SICS Platform Infra SW Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Together with a talented scrum team you adapt an existing the current platform to the new standards in a demanding environment including test suite. Demonstrate end-to-end ownership for feature/user story based software engineering. The time pressure will be tangible and the quality standards should be met.
The main mission of this role is to develop and maintain software infrastructure and facilities used by all software component in an Scanner System with the focus on:
- Collaboration with users on the functionality design
- Contribution to the software realization including design, testing and documentation
- Applying scrum based and agile way of working
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products. Within D&E, the Software Cluster is concerned with the design, development, testing and integration of the complete software package which drives a generation of ASML products. Inside the SW Cluster, the department Software Infrastructure and Computer Systems (SICS) is responsible for the integration and releasing of newly developed platform software, often in close cooperation with the electronics development department. This SICS platform drives a generation of several ASML products. You will be part in a software development team within the SICS department.
Not only time to market & functionality, but also reliability and availability are important aspects of the product. Typically, multiple customers and affiliated internal stakeholders like Marketing, Program, Applications Engineering and local teams are stakeholders. Contributing to the challenge of the job are the number of internal & external stakeholders, the number of end customers, the number of the domains/disciplines involved, the nature of the functionality and the size of the system.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology
Keywords: C, Python, scripting, software development, unit testing, ClearCase, Linux, Unix, quality, tooling, software integration
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Technical University Bachelor or University of Applied Sciences Bachelor (HBO) in a Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least 5 years’ of relevant working experience in complex technical environment
- Experience in C & Python (must)
- Basic knowledge in Matlab
- Knowledge in testing tools and processes (e.g., Robot Framework, Google test/mock, Unit testing)
- Know how to deal with large code bases
- Working in Agile environment (Scrum/SAFe, MVP thinking)
- Experience with Linux / Unix
- ClearCase / Git
- Strong communication skills
- Business awareness (ability to translate value based discussions into technical deployments)
- Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Proactive attitude that strives for continuous improvements and encourage team members
- Thinks systematically
- Enthusiastic, flexible and assertive
- Able to work in dynamic environment
- High degree of autonomy
- Fluent English