Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
The Infra specialist works within the Agile Security Scrum team on mitigating security risks and providing value within the EIS-SW Platform and for the ASML software development community.
Context of the position
The Competence Center Engineering IT Services is a sub-department within the IT organization; this department is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for ASML’s development and engineering departments. Within this competence centre there are multiple solution teams: electrical and software. The infrastructure specialist will be active in the Engineering IT Services-Software.
The engineering IT Services team (EIS SW) is responsible for the complete software development environment that is used by more than 4000 product software developers within ASML.
This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community. Key challenge is on one hand to have a state-of-the-art environment to support the newest product development and on the other hand safeguard the stability and reliability and long term support for the growing installed product base at our customers. The EIS - SW team is in transition toward an Agile (SAFe) set up. There are more than 30 DevOps teams working on the different business lines and within different ART’s. Security has a major focus within the SAFe teams.
- Identify and resolve infra and application related security issues, e.g.
- OS hardening
- Container security
- Network storage
- Various specific areas such as secure use of SSH
- Develop and maintain functional tests and security compliance tests to validate the configuration and behaviour of systems and applications.
- Work in an agile scrum team.
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership.
- Alignment with stakeholders such as service owners and user representatives.
- Strong partner in discussions with Infrastructure architects and DevOps teams;
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor+ or Academic level education.
Candidate is well acquainted with software development.
Further requirements on candidate:
- Minimal 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Relevant experience and proven experience in large technical complicated IT environments
- Knowledge of and practical experience with:
- Linux (Solaris and Windows are a plus)
- Virtualization (VMWare/RHEV) and containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as Code and Automation (Puppet, Ansible, Rundeck, …)
- Knowledge of infrastructure testing (Inspec, Cucumber)
- Knowledge of and/or certified in information security (ISO27001), risk management and cybersecurity (SSCP/CISSP)
- Familiar with software development, CI/CD and networking.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Strong documenting capabilities
- Shows initiative and problem-solving attitude.
- Pragmatic, flexible, committed to quality.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
- Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented.
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer/user.
- Have affinity with IT systems and structures and think in business process modelling terms.
- Experience with Agile/Devops.