Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
We are looking for an experienced interior color, trim and fabrics engineer.
You are going to translate market requirements and technical challenges into successful products. You work according to the DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) methodology from definition phase through concept design to the final result in a multidisciplinary team. You will also monitor the technical and functional status and progress through design reviews and risk reduction activities. We expect you to take the lead in the coordination between the Design Centre, development partners, suppliers and Production Engineering. Given the scope of the work package in this field the Engineer will play a determining role in the choice, testing and validation of the different fabrics and plastics used in the truck cabin as well as a coordinating role in the release of the products.
The Cabin Development Division consists of three structural groups: Body & Exterior, Dashboard and Interior & Trim. Together they are within Product Development responsible for the realization of (sub) projects for the entire cabin. The realization takes place largely in tuning with various suppliers and a number of major development partners, but always on the basis of its own final responsibility in the concept definition and realization.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Graduate in Industrial Product Design, Automotive Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Profound knowledge of automotive fabrics.
- Experience with CAD systems, preferably NX.
- Able to convert technical challenges in realistic products.
- Decisive, independent and passionate
- Can work well in a team.
- Fluent in Dutch, English and German.