Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communication and information technology products. The Engineering IT Services Software (EIS) group within ASML is responsible for the software development environment. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software. The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community.
Key challenge is to develop and maintain virtualized testing facilities for ASML’s software developers.
This role involves taking ownership by completing designs, implement changes and the ability to thoroughly test deliverables. You will be a technical expert in the Test Facilities DevOps team. This is done in close co-operation with the EIS infrastructure and application support teams, internal customers and EIS Software Architects. The software used in the Test Facilities domain is being developed in Perl & Python and range from command line tools to custom web applications.
You will need to have a hands-on mindset, strong customer- and problem-solving orientation, shows fast results and have great communication skills. Your time will be divided between adding new functionality and supporting the existing Test Facilities. To achieve the team goals, you need to be able to liaise with all stakeholders. Be part of a migration of our services to a private Cloud.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor or master’s in computer science, IT or similar.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Relevant experience in large/complex technical development environments; Thorough understanding and practical experience of the key technologies used:
- Python + Flask - Oracle
- Unix/Linux Good working knowledge of networking technology
- Good working knowledge of RHEV and/or VMWare
- Good working knowledge of Cloud technology