Secondment via YER
High Tech, Engineering
About this vacancy
As Senior Mechanical Designer/Architect you are part of Frencken Engineering department.
Frencken Engineering is a specialist in all aspects of product development, from mechanical, electrical and mechatronic design to motion & control. We also have extensive applications know-how, for example, in motion control, precision positioning in cleanroom or vacuum environments. We can start with an idea, functional specifications, a working prototype or an existing product, and take it to series production. Our Product Creation Process ensures an effective project execution, including the NPI process when going into series production. The multidisciplinary teams, led by seasoned project managers, work closely with customers’ development people as well as with our global supply chain management and manufacturing resources. As experts in ‘design for manufacture’ we avoid bottlenecks, delays and unexpected quality issues and deliver consistent quality. We provide our customers with leading edge technology from all across the globe, while maintaining a keen eye on cost and reliability
- Creates module concepts (mechanical hardware), based on specifications optimized by a multi-disciplinary view (motion, vision, software, electronics and mechanics), setup in CAD, and founded by necessary theoretical calculations.
- Creates Mechanical module requirements based on customer or system requirements.
- Create module designs, based on specification, defined concept(s), product and customer requirements.
- Product cost, regulations, manufacturability, serviceability, technical risk, project delivery time and development effort are taken into account.
- Details or delegate detailing design and assure quality of product documentation.
- Supports the Sales and Customer organizations as a technical specialist.
- Support Frencken mechatronics with production issues as a technical specialist.
- Takes technical responsibility in small projects and is aware of his/her leading role in these projects.
- Maintains and improves personal and technical knowledge via training and networking.
- Initiates domain related improvement proposals (way of working, tools) and supports deployment.
- Is able to delegate technical issues to a few colleagues.
- Initiates and contributes to discussions concerning system and module design.
- Transfers relevant knowledge with colleagues and is eager to share knowledge with others.
- Organizes his/her own work and the work assigned to others based on the project plan.
- Delivers planning input to the project managers.
- Inspires team members to get the job done and is willing to go the extra mile.
- Initiates and deploys domain related improvements and changes within Frencken Engineering.
- Reports progress and problems pro-actively including solution proposals.
- Verifies system/module designs pro-actively with senior designers and other designers and delegates parts of it to engineers.
Frencken Europe develops and produces complex mechatronic machines and devices for leading clients in the medical, analytical and semiconductor industries, based on customer specifications. Thanks to an innovative approach and modern design techniques, the time-to-market is kept as short as possible.
Frencken Europe also takes care of the construction and verification of prototypes. In addition, Frencken Europe supports the introduction within the other Frencken companies. The projects are carried out by multidisciplinary teams that work closely with development partners and suppliers.
Frencken Europe is part of the international Frencken Group Ltd with subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and the USA.
- Skilled in designing complex mechanical or mechatronic modules from (pre-) concept phase, up to system verification.
- Skilled in CAD, PDM, calculation and simulation tooling.
- Skilled in dynamic system behaviour
- Skilled in geometrical dimensioning and tolerances
- Skilled in value engineering (applied production processes)
- Strong affinity with mechatronics or precision mechanics, development, production processes and product standards.
- Is a conceptual, lateral, analytical and creative thinker.
- Good at English, both orally and in writing.
- Is able to give presentations on technical issues to limited groups and is aware of the effect of the presentation.
- Uses different communication styles and can adapt his/her communication to different levels in- and outside the organization.
- Is open for feedback on his/her work and able to give feedback on content and behaviour.
- Is aware of own personal effectiveness and knows how to use this knowledge effectively.
- Hands-on team-player.
- Motivating, can take the lead.
- Can handle change and gives direction to his colleagues when needed.
- Technical education at bachelor level.
- More than 7 years’ experience in product development related to precision mechanics, value engineering, vacuum, medical equipment and mechatronics.