Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
For Frencken in Eindhoven, YER is recruiting a Mechanical Engineer. An interesting opportunity for a junior engineer with affinity in precision mechanics.
You will be part of Frencken's Engineering department. Frencken Engineering is a specialist in all aspects of product development, from mechanical, electrical and mechatronic design to motion & control. We also have extensive applications know-how, for example, in motion control, precision positioning in cleanroom or vacuum environments. We can start with an idea, functional specifications, a working prototype or an existing product, and take it to series production. Our Product Creation Process ensures an effective project execution, including the NPI process when going into series production. The multidisciplinary teams, led by seasoned project managers, work closely with customers’ development people as well as with our global supply chain management and manufacturing resources. As experts in ‘design for manufacture’ we avoid bottlenecks, delays and unexpected quality issues and deliver consistent quality. We provide our customers with leading edge technology from all across the globe, while maintaining a keen eye on cost and reliability.
- Designs module, based on top level system design, specification, product cost, regulations, manufacturability and serviceability.
- Creates TPD (drawings and product specific adjustment/production documentation) optimized for function, manufacturability and product cost
- Takes responsibility for the quality of his/her own work.
- Maintains and improves personal and technical knowledge via training.
- Shares domain related improvement idea’s (way of working, tools) within the (project) team.
- Shares relevant technical knowledge with colleagues.
- Organizes his/her own work based on the project plan.
- Contributes to the project team to get the job done and is willing to go the extra mile.
- Reports progress and problems pro-actively.
Frencken Europe develops and produces complex mechatronic machines and devices for leading clients in the medical, analytical and semiconductor industries, based on customer specifications. Thanks to an innovative approach and modern design techniques, the time-to-market is kept as short as possible.
Frencken Europe also takes care of the construction and verification of prototypes. In addition, Frencken Europe supports the introduction within the other Frencken companies.
The projects are carried out by multidisciplinary teams that work closely with development partners and suppliers.
Frencken Europe is part of the international Frencken Group Ltd with subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and the USA.
- Skilled in designing mechanical modules
- Skilled in CAD, PDM,
- Skilled in geometrical dimensioning and tolerances
- Affinity with mechatronics and precision mechanics
- affinity with development, production processes and product standards
- Is a creative and technical thinker.
- Good in English, both orally and in writing.
- Communicates clearly.
- Is open for feedback on his/her work and behaviour and able to give feedback on content.
- Is aware of own personal effectiveness.
- Hands-on team-player.
- Accepts and follows changes.
Education & Experience:
- Technical education at bachelor level.
- Some experience in product development related to mechatronics and/or precision engineering.