Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
The engineering IT services Software (EIS-SW) group within ASML is responsible for the development environments (software and hardware) used by ASML software developers in order to produce commercial software products. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support Continuous Integration throughout the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community (more than 2000 developers within multiple departments).
In order to provide the software development community at ASML with a great development environment (VDI based) we are looking for someone who can add DevOps and automation skills to our team. Together with your VDI team you will be responsible for the end-to-end development, delivery, and support of the VDI service for over 3500, and growing, software developers.
As a DevOps engineer in our VDI team you will be:
- Building and extending the automation platform that allows co-developing teams to create and manage their own VDI environments as code.
- Developing new VDI images including custom configuration and deployment pipelines (Packer, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible) to be used by co-developing teams.
- Providing technical leadership in your role as a technical expert.
- Part of an Agile DevOps team, where you will work in close collaboration with the product owner to design and realize new features.
- Interacting directly with end-users and co-developing teams to share your expert knowledge of our product.
- Challenging your product owner, to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability.
- The VDI stack consist of Citrix and VMware, development and deployment is done using a DevOps toolset consisting of Puppet, git, Terraform, and Jenkins. We are running over 2000 Linux VDIs and are looking to expand the Linux stack and provide Windows VDIs.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Formal education should include Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
Who are we looking for:
From a personal perspective, you are customer focused, accustomed to context switching in a fast-paced environment. It is important to have a can-do mentality, focus on results, a desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.
- You have sufficient experience with using a DevOps toolset (e.g. Puppet, Terraform, RunDeck, Jenkins)
- You have a strong affinity with software development
- You have an automation/config management mindset and
- You are fluent in the English language, both spoken and written
- You have some experience with virtualization technology such as VMware
- Preferably you have experience working in an SAFe/Agile DevOps environment
- You have experience with Linux operating systems as an engineer (additional experience with Windows is a pre)