Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
To strengthen the Design and Development team, our client is looking for a Senior Development Engineer – Electrical Engineering, with a focus on Electronics & Embedded Software for dynamic systems.
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer for the Design and Development team, with a solid track record in designing high performance electronics & software. Your thorough understanding of dynamic systems will be required to improve our systems. You can use simulation- and test tools to model your designs. Open-loop, closed loop, discrete controller, PID, feedback, inertia, Kalman, etc. are all part of your vocabulary. Knowledge about power electronics is an advantage, as is knowledge about digital systems' technology. Understanding of analogue electronic circuits is preferred.
Our client is a medium size high-tech company specialized in opto mechatronics.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Over 5 years of experience in control system design. Preferably in a wide range of mechatronic systems.
Possess the following skills:
- Matlab: modelling control systems
- Orcad/Pspice (or equal): schematic entry and simulation
- Electronic design experience is an.advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and able to deliver results through teamwork and determination.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English and Dutch (German is an advantage).
- Experienced, innovative, proactive and customer-oriented attitude.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- You will be responsible for the development of the electronics embedded in our dynamic systems for (opto) mechatronic modules and assemblies.
- Hands-on mentality
- Extensive experience with electronics and control theory.
- Design and test control systems containing your electronics and software.
- Work closely together with other disciplines, specifically mechanical and software engineering.
- Review and discuss specifications internally and externally.
- Lead the electronics development activity and estimate the time required and the cost involved for future projects.
- Conduct pre-studies (calculations, experiments, measurements) to verify ideas and document design decisions.
- Support customers, suppliers and internal departments in case of technical issues.