Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Would you like to make your mark on the next computing platform for the cutting edge chip manufacturing equipment (lithography machines) ASML is currently developing? You will be working with the team that provides the complete computing platform including infrastructure used to run our latest products. Your contribution will help chip manufactures around the world to keep up with demands and technical needs for the chips used by everyone.
As Scrum Master you are a servant leader with strong coaching skills and broad Scaled Agile experiences You train your team(s) on Scrum practices, facilitate Scrum events and continuously stimulate your team(s) to improve highly autonomous yet highly aligned team(s). You are working in close consultation with the Release Train Engineer (RTE), Chief Product Owner (CPO) and other Scrum Masters in the Agile Release Train. You will be helping your team reach new heights in regard to predictability, quality and collaboration within the team, but also within the ART.
Your initial team is a software team responsible for the Operating System abstraction layers and system-wide used software facilities (e.g. for communication and diagnostics). Your team consist of passionate software and network engineers that have detailed technical expert knowledge.
Context of the position
Within ASML the next generation of lithography machines is being developed in the EUV (Extreme Ultra Violet) program. In the program a new light source (Source) is introduced which creates light that has the required wavelength: EUV. The Computer Systems team is responsible to create the best computing environment to facilitate the control of this source. For this a network of computer systems is (re-) designed, maintained and improved.
These positions require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
An effective Scrum Master is a team-based servant leader who:
- Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership
- Supports the team rules
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement
- Facilitates meetings
- Supports the Product Owner
- Eliminates impediments
- Promotes SAFe quality practices
- Builds a high-performing team
- Coordinates with other teams
- Supports SAFe adoption
- Enables organizational effectiveness
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for ART events
- Supports estimating
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Master or Bachelor degree
- Agile + SAFe certified (scrum.org and/or SAFe®certifications)
- Experience in Software environments of corporate organizations
- You are in possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-motivated, with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Team building and facilitation, removing roadblocks and knows everything about scrum
- You want to be a part of a dynamic and challenging environment that leaves no room for errors in the live environment.
- You are passionate about technology and you would like to be a part of our teams who are building large scale applications for large machines which in their turn, have a global impact.