Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Within Philips Healthcare the Business Unit Image Guided Therapy Systems (IGT-S) R&D department in Best is urgently looking for an Electrical Designer preferably with experience in the medical domain.
As IGT-S, we are the leading innovator in image-guided interventional solutions. With our partners, we improve the health of patients and save lives, every day, everywhere!
The design of this Image Chain is decomposed in a large number of high quality parts for the computing, networking, video distribution and display function. For performance and safety reasons the Image Chain with all integrated components needs to meet high requirements and standards for latency, quality, reliability, electrical safety, EMC, ….
For realizing the design of the Image Chain parts, we work with design partners and suppliers all over the world. You are responsible for defining the requirements and design constraints for the Image Chain parts in accordance with the system requirements, design specifications and architecture. These requirements and design constraints are the input for our design partners for their design and implementation. During this phase you will work closely with these partners and actively participate in design reviews. You monitor the (technical) progress at the supplier and participate in technical risk assessments including the follow-up of mitigation measures.
As part of de-risking, you take care that predefined early prototypes are pre-integrated and tested in our system according to our integration plan. You will provide the results and issues of this integration test to the design partners and takes care for a decent follow-up.
After formal acceptance of the final prototype you will start and execute all formal verification of these parts, which includes EMC and basic safety tests to comply with medical device standards for electrical equipment (IEC60601).
For a major release of our system, you are part of a large project (typical number of project members are >200FTE). You are responsible to deliver these parts on time with the right performance without comprising our high quality and safety standards. Not delivering on these commitments will lead to a system release delay with large business consequences.
Summarized, the Key Areas of Responsibility for the electrical designer are:
- Responsible for translating system requirements, design and architecture into requirements and design constraints for the Image Chain parts allocated to you. This also includes requirements for the non R&D functions such as manufacturing, service, procurement regulatory, … Alignment with all relevant internal and external stakeholders is part of this role.
- Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification.
- Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture.
- Determines the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines.
- Ensures that there is proper documentation for his/her design.
- Supervising design activities at the design partner. Participate in design reviews and risk assessments (e.g. FMEA). Monitor (technical) progress and technical risk mitigations.
- Execute early integration and integration tests on predefined prototypes. Address issues to the supplier and follow-up actions.
- Formal verification of parts allocated to you. This includes EMC and basic safety tests to comply with IEC60601.
- Defines, executes and takes the lead in concept and feasibility studies with a limited scope to investigate the usability of new technologies.
- Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities. These technology roadmaps describe the technology strategy for the Image Chain parts with respect to new technologies and obsolescence’s, user needs and business needs (cost price development, quality, supplier availability, …).
- Contributes to the Work Breakdown Structure, the planning process of his, her area. Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress. Inspired to get the job done.
- Performs work in line with the processes that have been agreed in the department.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimise the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision-making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
In addition to specific electrical job knowledge, required skills and experience are:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical engineering or other relevant discipline
- Good command of English (both written and verbal).
- Experience and knowledge of system development, knowledge of HW/SW interfaces.
- Experience and knowledge of computer architecture and the required computer performance for our different software solutions.
- Experience and knowledge of IT equipment, such as computers, networking and displays, and their integration.
- Experience and knowledge with EMC, both in design and testing.
- Experience and knowledge of medical device standards (IEC60601) or equivalent standards in a regulated industry (automotive, military, …)
- Experience with development in volume production and maintenance of released products
- Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines (manufacturing, Service, procurement, regulatory, …) with which co-operation takes place.
- Ability to communicate on different levels and aware of the means and the effect of communication.
- Since our strategy is to outsource the (detailed) design and engineering activities to our suppliers, we require excellent communication skills to be the technical contact towards our design partners and/or suppliers. This includes together with our supplier (but each with his own responsibility and ownership) the alignment of requirements including quality/reliability targets, design reviews, test approach, technical risk assessments (e.g. FMEA) whilst maintaining a good & challenging professional relationship.
- Disciplined team worker.
- Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with the ability to define and understand concepts and able to create and review technical documents.
- Accurate and quality minded.
- Ability to work independently and to act pro-actively.
- Improvement attitude. Capable to introduce efficiency improvements both on project and department level (change management).