Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
With a close team of enthusiastic specialists in physics, software, electronics, mechatronics, mechanics and mathematics we are often working on the boundaries of what technically is possible. Do you like to get the best out of yourself and others? Are you looking for a versatile job in an organisation with a personal working atmosphere? Become our new (Senior) Mechanical Designer at our Mechatronics Competence Centre at Sioux Technologies.
As our Mechanical Designer you are responsible for the (precision) mechanical designs and realisation of high-tech mechatronic modules. You are involved from the specification phase based on customer demands to validation of the realised product, while supporting the design with analyses and calculations.
Sioux supports high-tech customers in developing and building smart modules and software with impact. They add value by their way of strong focus on quality, functionality, reducing development times, integrity and scalability. In doing so, they achieve sustainable competitive advantages for their customers at optimal prices.
They believe in flexible and learning organisations, long-term relationships and the strength of cooperation within a system of open innovation. They operate as their clients’ development and production departments or as an extension of their in-house departments. They take responsibility for turnkey projects from the conceptual phase up to and including series production.
Their strength lies in committed and motivated employees. Sioux’s engineers are part of the international top. Their personal development and the continuous enrichment of their knowledge and skills lie at the core of their success and all of their customers. The Sioux company culture is characterised by a sincere interest in people and a collective drive to get the best results every time.
- A variety of high-tech projects;
- A stimulating environment and the freedom to use your creativity and come up with original solutions;
- Product development from idea to operational product, from single pieces to series production;
- Varied activities due to diversity in technologie, markets and projects;
- An open culture focused on learning and knowledge sharing;
- Fast learning curve, your own training budget and broad career opportunities;
- A direct collaboration with customer and partners.
- You have a completed Bachelor of Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electro-mechanics;
- Experience in designing modules or sub-modules into a Flow and Thermal design is a pre;
- As a senior designer you have at least 3 years of relevant experience in mechanical machine and equipment design projects;
- You have experience and expertise in the design of mechatronic and precision systems;
- You are creative and skilled in finding design solutions based on multidisciplinary concepts;
- You have knowledge and experience with Design for excellence (DFX: cost, manufacturability, assembly, etc);
- You have 3D CAD modelling and drawings in NX;
- Technical communication with suppliers;
- You are passionate and communicative.