Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
We are Applications - a novel business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create full-stack software products that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
Our scope is Big Data and how we can make best use of it to allow our customers gaining a deeper understanding of their vast data sets. We believe that data has a story to tell and a proper visualisation is the means to achieve that. Are you writing software that tells a story in a user-friendly manner? Then this is the place to be!
As a Front-end web Developer, you will be at the core of our (data) visualisation activities. You have final responsibility for the front-end work of our applications, which means that together with the designers and back-end web developers, you will work on crafting solutions into engaging graphical user interfaces. You will be a key driver in improving our product to guarantee the best possible user interaction.
Your group is responsible for design, implementation, testing and integration of Setup tooling. Such tooling is intended for High Volume Manufacturing applications in semiconductor fabs, and is built by several Scrum teams. Each team consists of software development engineers, tester, functional experts, product owner and scrum master. Here, as part of the software development team, help safeguard quality of delivered software by improving test approach and speeding up qualification of team deliverables.
- Work together with you software team to deliver software solutions in the holistic lithography domain.
- Work closely with our UI/UX designers to create innovative content and continuously enhance the design and user experience of our data analytics dashboards
- Contribute to a library of modular, reusable, web components for charting and analytics purposes to help our developers quickly assemble a data analytics dashboard
- Work with product development and engineering teams from initial idea to full delivery of graphical components and features
- Continuously improve our product’s front-end code structure and architecture to achieve a better quality, scalability and maintainability
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Master Degree in computer science, software engineering, web design, or equivalent
- At least 4 years of work experience as a Front-end web Developer
- Proven experience with React.js
- Experience with JS charting libraries (e.g. React-ChartJS, HighCharts, ReCharts, Flot, Vega.js etc), D3.js is a big plus
- Experience with Git and Git workflow
- Experience with build tools and automation systems (e.g. npm, Webpack, Gulp, Grunt)
- Experience with unit testing (e.g. Jest, Mocha, Cypress, Selenium)
- Experience with CSS frameworks (e.g. SASS, SCSS, LESS)
- Experience in solving complex design and usability problems and translating them into modern, elegant and simple web interfaces
- Experience with development methodologies such as Agile and Scrum
- Knowledge or experience with TypeScript is a plus
- Experience with responsive design
- Fluency in English
- First of all, you’re passionate about technology and are excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of end-users worldwide
- You’re analytical, and product- and quality-oriented
- You like to investigate issues, and you’re a creative problem solver
- You’re open-minded, you like to discuss technical challenges, and you want to push the boundaries of technology
- You’re an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work
- You take ownership and you support your team - you’re the backbone of your group
- You’re client and quality oriented – you don’t settle for second-best solutions, but strive to find the best ways to acquire top results