Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Is it your strength to figure out the best way to manufacture or service our machines in the factory and field? Do you understand how to influence a design and the requirements to avoid unnecessary production disruption and improve serviceability? Then the job of Manufacturing Engineer might be the one for you!
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The cluster Mechanical Development (MDEV) is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. Industrialisation & Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering. The department Industrialisation drives the industrialisation aspects of mechanical designs, meeting manufacturing and service requirements of ASML products during the entire life cycle. The group Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering is responsible for the industrialisation of ASML products, embedding a system’s industrial performance (cycle time, reliability, availability, and cost) into the specifications, and performing work preparation for the system build in ASML’s factories and for the use and maintenance at customer sites.
You will be working in the Industrialisation department of the Mechanical Development cluster where you are responsible for the work preparation needed to mechanically build and service our machines in the factory and field. Your support structurally improves cycle time and system availability. Within our team you will work with a focus either on mechanical layout or on handling and transport. You work mainly in Veldhoven but could be requested to support worldwide on your expertise area.
- Deliver input for manufacturability and serviceability of designs
- Gather input for manufacturing and field service from documentation
- Prepare work instructions for factory and service operations
- Presence on the cleanroom floor for testing, support and new product introduction
- Review system- and tool designs and release them to manufacturing and service after validation and testing
- Developer of training packages regarding work preparation to factory and in the field
- Troubleshoot for issues in factory/field for new products and provide on-call support.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Master or Bachelor degree within Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical or other similar education.
Preferably 2-5 years of experience in:
- A service or production environment with high tech products and complex production processes
- Scale up from design into volume production
- Packaging, tooling and system lifting appliances
- Excellent communication skills
- Get-on and do it mentality
- Willing to get hands-on
- Interactive (many stakeholders) and group oriented.
- Adaptive to changes and flexible in priority setting.
- Proactive (engage to prevent issues before they arise).
- Willing to travel several times a year for 1-2 weeks.