Research & Development
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
We are continuously improving the quality of the products and the efficiency of the production processes amongst others by implementing new technologies. This leads to an increasing need for testing support for the development work in R&D and quality control for operations. We are therefore looking for a team leader for testing laboratory with a background in physical and mechanical analysis.
- Coordinate the work in the physical laboratory team (5-8 employees)
- Bring the physical part of the laboratory to the next level of professionalism
- Manage and perform the portfolio of physical and mechanical tests and analysis
- Support operations with quality control and compliance related analytical topics
- Support the research teams in their innovation and development projects
- Develop and/or introduce new test methods or other improvements to the laboratory.
Trespa Nemho is the home of Group R&D for the Broad-view Holding materials companies Arpa (IT), Formica (world-wide), Homapal (DE), Trespa (NL) and Westag (DE).
With combined sales of EUR 1.2 billion the companies take a leading position in the global market for surface materials. They currently employ around 6,000 employees worldwide. The core product is high pressure laminates (HPL). Applications range from façade cladding to kitchens, design furniture, doors and retail interiors. Continuous investment to develop new and innovative products is a key part of the strategy.
Nemho employs over 50 technicians, engineers and chemists responsible for the development of new products and processes and for the continuous improvement of the product quality and production processes efficiency by implementing new and innovative technologies.
- In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and fringe benefits
- Fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- An attractive package of employee benefits
- The terms of employment offered are exceptionally good
- A competitive package of employee benefits.
- We are looking for a candidate with preferably an academic degree (bachelor or master) in chemistry, physics or comparable with at least 5 years working experience in a related field.
- The ideal candidate is experienced in working in a team, well organised, result oriented and has good people and project management skills. He or she is experienced in various physical and mechanical techniques used in amongst others the characterisation of solid materials, polymers and coatings.
- Fluent English and Dutch skills are a must. Italian and German are nice to haves.
- To be successful in this position you must be a self-starter, quick learner, have a positive attitude and a proactive nature. You are also an innovative team-player who challenges traditional solutions in order to create a higher level of professionalism in your team.