Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
To support the growth in DAF Trucks' projects and technology development, we are seeking a well-qualified Cyber Security Test Engineer, to work within our creative team in an innovative, fast moving environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Definition of the Cyber Security test activities considering the control system risk classification
- Definition and execution of Cyber Security tests for new/updated ECU’s
- Discuss test reports with suppliers
- Reporting cyber security test results
- Providing recommendations based on the test results
You will support:
- Review of internal specification documents from a testing perspective
- Review of implementation proposals with suppliers
- Root cause analyses of complex issues
- Simultaneous Engineering teams to resolve issues found during test activities
You will work in a multi-cultural, multidisciplinary and highly dynamic environment for various projects.. You report to the Supervisor of the Support group within the Verification & Support department and meet Control system owners, other the other vehicle Cyber Security Engineers within PACCAR Inc..
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
Within PACCAR Inc. the Embedded Engineering is the center for development of embedded systems in the truck for both powertrain and vehicle domains. The verification group is responsible for the design and development of test procedures required to determine if the product works as expected before it is delivered to the customer.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Technical education on bachelor level with a specialisation in Cyber Security, mechanical-, electrical- or automotive engineering
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of embedded software and hardware
- Knowledge of automotive Cyber Security and relevant standards (ISO 21434 and MISRA)
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- A good understanding of CAN, CAN-FD and Ethernet based communication protocols
- Knowledge of/experience in working with Vector tooling
- Python programming skills is a plus
- Understanding of Code Analysis reports
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and convincing
- Analytical skills
- You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and to the point
- Ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn Dutch language.