Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
An engineer who will act as a hub between the testing departments, vehicle integration, data analytics, and calibration engineers. A person who can create overview(s), initiate analyses, monitor progress, and summarise issues (or good news) to report out.
For different phases of ongoing projects, some exemplary tasks are:
- Provide critical applications and usage collectives from field data, for proof-of-concept engine definition
- Identify first test cases, for early vehicle testing
- Monitor for expected performance from the start of field tests, act on gaps, possible improvements, and degradations
- Initiate and automate monitoring of long term performance indications and act on any unexpected changes in current product.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Minimal 5 years of relevant technical work experience with (heavy-duty) engine development and/ or engine (dyno) testing/calibration
- Preferably Master education in the field of Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Curiosity, for how our engines are used in all applications, configurations and regions
- Initiative, to (have) dig for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and improve our engine in all applications
- Monitoring, for expected performance and any changes thereof occurring
- Understanding, of general heat and flow physics
- Analytical capacity, to combine information from many different sources on configurations and applications and their impact.