Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water
About this vacancy
We’re looking for a Structural Engineer/Project Manager who helps customers world-wide with securing and improving the affordability, sustainability and reliability of their AC and DC overhead lines.
You will be part of the Transmission & Distribution Technology team at the Energy headquarters in Arnhem, The Netherlands.
The team exists out of almost 50 professionals (a mix PhD, MSc and BSc level) with different backgrounds and from various cultures. Together they deliver specialised and innovative consultancy services in projects to customers world-wide, which are mainly transmission and distribution system operators, power utilities and industries. They are responsible for preparing design and specifications for structures related to high voltage electricity transmission & distribution, such as overhead line towers, supports and gantries. They also check and review designs prepared by others. During implementation phases of projects they regularly take on the role of owner's engineer, where they are responsible for quality control of the services and equipment delivered by others.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will perform mechanical and civil engineering tasks and give advice to customers related to AC and DC overhead lines. Next to that, you will:
- Being a technical expert for structures related to high voltage electricity transmission & distribution
- Execute projects as project leader
- Prepare specifications and tender documentation
- Write (or contribute to) clear and high quality reports and commercial offers
- Identify market opportunities and develop our existing services and establish new services for both the team and our company
Driven by the purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. They provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. They also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers their customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. They continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with 15,000 professionals dedicated to help their customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to drive the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, they specialise in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
A challenging job in a dynamic and international environment. Being part of a professional team of committed colleagues and plenty of opportunities for personal growth. Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits.
Based on your experience, we will create a plan together with you for your development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training. You will be given the opportunity to grow to a (senior) consulting role where you sell, lead and execute projects in order to help clients realise the stated project goals and deliverables. Or you develop yourself as a senior technology expert being seen as an international authority in your working field.
We are looking for a pro-active and ambitious Structural Engineer/Project Manager who is an enthusiastic, result-oriented team player who actively contributes to the success of our team and collaborates to create results. You have:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or similar
- 5–10 years of technical work experience in the energy sector
- Extended knowledge and practical experience with equipment in T&D area
- Verbal and written communication skills of Dutch and/or English language
- Willingness to travel (about 20% of your time abroad)
- Attitude to take responsibility for own tasks, competences and beyond
- Curiosity, interested, self-starter and engagement
- Open mindset (out of the box thinking)
- Knowledge of market and technology trends