Secondment via YER
Engineering, Energy, Gas, Water
About this vacancy
We’re looking for an Electrical Engineer/Consultant who will help their world-wide customers with securing and improving the affordability, sustainability and reliability of their high voltage electricity transmission & distribution infrastructure.
You will be part of the Transmission & Distribution Technology team at Energy headquarters in Arnhem in The Netherlands.
The team exists out of almost 50 professionals (a mix of PhD, MSc and BSc level) with different backgrounds and from various cultures. Together they deliver specialized and innovative consultancy services to their customers, which are mainly transmission and distribution system operators, power utilities and industries.
You will be involved in national and international projects where you will also collaborate in and with other teams within DNV GL which are for example focused on substation projects, asset management or renewable energy.
- Will perform engineering and/or consultancy tasks and give advice to customers related to high voltage electricity transmission & distribution infrastructure
- Will also perform electrical design of HVAC/HVDC systems, substations or components related to overhead lines (including insulation design), lightning performance and conductor choice
- Prepare specifications and tender documentation
- Execute or witness commissioning tests such as factory or site acceptance tests (FAT/SAT)
- Write (or contribute to) clear and high quality reports and commercial offers
- Identify market opportunities and develop our service portfolio/roadmap
- Contribute to business development
Driven by the purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Our client provides classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. They also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers theirr customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. They continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, they are specialized in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
A challenging and varied job in a dynamic and international environment. Being part of a professional team of committed colleagues and plenty of opportunities for personal growth. Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits.
Based on your experience, we will create a plan together with you for your development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
You will be given the opportunity to grow to a (senior) consulting role where you sell, lead and execute projects in order to help clients realize the stated project goals and deliverables. Or you develop yourself as a senior technology expert being seen as an international authority in your working field.
We are looking for a pro-active and ambitious Electrical Engineer/Consultant who is an enthusiastic and result-oriented team player.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- 5-10 years of solid work experience with T&D primary equipment, also in the T&D work field
- Experience in working with customers in Western Europe will be an advantage
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and/or Dutch language
- Openness to travel (about 20% of your time abroad)
- Attitude to take responsibility for own tasks, competences and beyond
- Curiosity, interested and engagement
- Open mindset (out of the box thinking)
- Bottom line, customer focus as your second nature