Research & Development
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
In this role, you have the opportunity to contribute to bringing innovative gas sensing technologies towards Philips applications, notably in patient monitoring and respiratory care. We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist that can innovate combining a strong background in physical/chemical engineering and hands-on experience with instrumentation. Are you ready to take this challenge?
Philips Research (www.philips.com/research), one of the largest industrial Research organisations in the world, focusing on the area of HealthTech. You will be based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. You will work with a team of passionate, professional and multidisciplinary scientists, meanwhile connecting to the global Research community and related business stakeholders.
- Carrying out industrial research in the area of gas sensing technologies and adapt them for Philips applications;
- Keep abreast of technical, application and market developments in the relevant technological and industrial areas, showing interest in the business aspects;
- Creating value and impact by delivering meaningful innovations, intellectual property and transfers to the relevant Philips businesses that contribute to Philips growth.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- MSc or Ph.D. in Physical/Chemical Engineering or related field;
- At least 4 years of hands-on working experience with high-end instrumentation, preferably GC-MS;
- Willingness to dedicate roughly 50% of time on experimentation in lab or at site of application;
- Eye for details, strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Passionate to translate technology into products, eager to learn and result-oriented;
- To-the-point communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong personal relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips Research;
- Self-manager, coordination and facilitation skills of own research;
- Team worker in multidisciplinary settings.