Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are seeking a well qualified Hardware-in-the-Loop Engineer to work within our creative team in an innovative, fast moving environment.
The Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of the software test environment within the EE department. The test environment consists of a hardware part (the electrics and electronics of the simulator), a modelling part (the engine, after-treatment and vehicle simulation models) and a software part (the test-automation framework). The HiL engineer is responsible for all three areas and needs to support multiple engine projects in parallel.
The test-environment is DSpace based and consists of multiple full-size simulators and multiple mid- size simulators. Projects may require changes to be made in the simulator related to wiring, upgrading, electrical loads, etc. The simulation models are built in Simulink using base models from a supplier. You have to develop and implement the DAF specific components (e.g. valves, pumps, etc.). The test-automation framework is written in Python and uses APIs of several components to combine them to one framework the (test) engineers use. Next to the maintenance part, projects may require to update this framework as well with new functionalities. You have to implement different protocols to achieve this.
- You are responsible for the planning of all test environment activities for multiple projects. Supporting engineers in using the test environment is also part of the job.
- You act as a point of contact to tooling suppliers of which products are used in the EE department.
- You are working on multiple projects and you frequently discuss your work with the corresponding verification engineers, verification coordinator and the project lead engineers. In this function you report to the Supervisor of the Support group within the department of Engine Management Systems.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of PACCAR Inc., one of the largest players worldwide in the truck industry. In addition to DAF, the American truck manufacturers Kenworth and Peterbilt are also part of PACCAR. Within PACCAR, the DAF Embedded Engineering department is the competence center for development of embedded systems. These systems control the engine, the exhaust gas cleaning system and various cabin and chassis systems.
Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
The Embedded Engineering (EE) department is divided in three groups: Platform Development, Verification and Support, Architecture. The position of HiL Engineer is in the Verification and Support group.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Technical education on college/university level in Mechanics, Automotive, Electronics, Computer Science or comparable
- Multiple year experience of DSpace systems and of Matlab/Simulink
- Experience in writing a test automation framework in Python
- Knowledge of automotive engine/after-treatment controllers, heavy-duty is an asset
- Knowledge of embedded software testing
- Good planning and communication skills