Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Are you a Control Engineer who wants to work on developing new control systems for innovative functionalities of DAF's newest generations trucks and engines? Then this will be your ideal position!
As Vehicle Control Engineer you define and design a wide range of improved or new mechatronic product features to be introduced on new XF and CF models. These can be powertrain related features (e.g. cruise control), cabin features (e.g. digital instrument cluster) or chassis features (e.g. air suspension control).
Your tasks will include design and modelling. You will also actively support building of prototype vehicles for verification and validation of the functional design. You will write formal functional design requirement documents and monitor the function development towards implementation and validation.
You cooperate closely within a multidisciplinary team with different stakeholders, such as function owners, system owners, architects, test engineers and suppliers. You are the linking pin for translating their input into a feasible control concept design.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
The department Vehicle Control within Product Development is responsible for the definition, design and validation of feasible control concepts for vehicle functions, both in advanced technology projects as in product development projects. These control concepts are applied in all Paccar vehicles.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
For this high-tech position we are looking for candidates with:
- A BSc or MSc background in Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Knowledge and experience within the automotive domain.
- Excellent skills in modelling in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and model based development
- Experience in requirements management tool Doors is a pre.
- An active hands-on mentality with a feel for the constructive aspects of prototyping.
- You can fluently speak and write English. Dutch is a pre.
- You have good communication skills and an analytical mind, are pro-active and have a committed team-player attitude.