Quality & Safety
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
As a Supplier Quality Engineer of New Product Introductions (NPI) your mission is to participate in a multidisciplinary team. From early supplier involvement until the product design and supplier process is mature enough to be released for volume, your mission is to drive and secure quality performance between the supplier and the Development department of ASML.
Your main focus areas, when guiding the development of the design between development programs and suppliers.
Introducing new parts with technologically challenging requirements to the supplier
(Co-) developing suppliers in new aspects for production (e.g. process- and qualification techniques)
Interpreting supplier technology and manufacturability capabilities and drive early supplier involvement into the ASML design project, meanwhile considering balance between technology requirements and quality
Professionalizing ASML outsourcing management by involvement in supplier account teams
- Early supplier involvement
- You participate in development projects in the early design phases to secure the manufacturability of the design and technology availability from suppliers and drive early supplier involvement.
- New Product Introduction
- Next to executing NPI deliverables at the suppliers (e.g. Manufacturing Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, Spec agreement,…) you support them with difficult qualification and manufacturing issues (e.g. yield and
- quality improvements). Also assuring within ASML a transfer to the volume Quality Supplier Managers department afterwards.
- Supplier Development
- You represent the Quality and Technological aspects within a multidisciplinary team that manages and controls the Quality, Logistic, Technology and Cost targets of a supplier. At the supplier you manage and challenge manufacturing processes to be efficient and foolproof by using Six Sigma tools (e.g. MSA, Capability analysis,..). Furthermore, you identify non-conformities through auditing and drive subsequent implementation plans in cooperation with the supplier.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
Good working conditions
- Bachelor or master degree in mechanics, mechatronics, applied physics or industrial engineering.
- 5-10 years relevant work experience in supply chain at companie(s).
- Experience in High tech, low volume industries and/ or manufacturing is a pre
- Able to combine technical knowledge and supplier management
- Lean 6S experience (e.g. DMAIC, SPC, FMEA, 8D), Six Sigma Green- or Black Belt certification desired
- Being able to communicate effectively and decisive throughout different levels within the organization.
- Strong negotiation skills for interfacing with internal stakeholders and supply base.
- Going the extra mile to deliver high quality.
- A team player; being pro-active, supporting others in accomplishing goals, sharing knowledge.